Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL selective replace
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SQL selective replace Post 302880606 by Scott on Saturday 21st of December 2013 03:40:09 AM
Old 12-21-2013
There is a replace function that can do just that:
Code:
SQL> update tablename set name = replace( name, 'string', 'sequence' ) where id > 5;

(assuming Oracle or mySQL)
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find 5 lines and replace with 18 line in sql file where it contains multiple blocks.

My sql file xyz_abc.sql in this file there are multiple sql block in this block I need to find the following block rem Subset Rows (&&tempName.*) CREATE VIEW &&tempName.* AS SELECT * FROM &&tempName.* WHERE f is not null and replace with following code rem Subset Rows... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a var in sql file with shell script variable

I have a requirement where i have a sql file (filetext.sql). This file contains a variable ss_code. Now in a shell script im trying to replace the variable ss_code with a value contained in the shell script variable MTK_DC..tried the below in the script MTK_DC="mit,cit,bit" OUT=`awk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective Replacements: Using sed or awk to replace letters with numbers in a very specific way

Hello all. I am a beginner UNIX user who is using UNIX to work on a bioinformatics project for my university. I have a bit of a complicated issue in trying to use sed (or awk) to "find and replace" bases (letters) in a genetics data spreadsheet (converted to a text file, can be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mince
3 Replies

4. Programming

[Solved] SQL SELECT REPLACE

Hi All, I had a query related to sql select update replace command. i have a table named clusters and it looks like this name model characteristics sample1.1 +123 parent sample1.2 -456 clone sample1.3 +122 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonia102
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective replace

i have a large sequence of format sat_1_g3_g_0_8540 . A 1 15501 . . . ID=sat_1_g3_g_0_8540;parentName=sat_1_g3_g_0_8540;Al=sat_1_g2_g_0_8540; sat_1_g3_g_2_8510 . C 1 25501 . . . ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective delete in SQL

Hi All This might be a weird query but its related to deleting specific details in database. Bascially I had built a database using a set of files seq1 of 300 mb seq2 of 200 mb seq3 of 350 mb seq4 of 300 mb and after building the database i realized that i didn't need the whole data.... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective Replace awk column values

Hi, I have the following data: 2860377|"DATA1"|"DATA2"|"65343"|"DATA2"|"DATA4"|"11"|"DATA5"|"DATA6"|"65343"|"DATA7"|"0"|"8"|"1"|"NEGATIVE" 32340377|"DATA1"|"DATA2"|"65343"|"DATA2"|"DATA4"|"11"|"DATA5"|"DATA6"|"65343"|"DATA7"|"0"|"8"|"1"|"NEG-DID"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
3 Replies

8. Programming

Sql select replace

Hi All, I had a query related to sql select replace command. i have a table named clusters and it looks like this Code: name characteristics sample 1.1 parent sample 1.2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective replace and delete

Hi My input file looks like this: >BAHMI01000090.1 Details of the shopping list 9800 item00090, whole set of listed artifacts and objects >BAHMI01050012.1 Details of the shopping list 9800 item02310, whole set of listed artifacts and objects >BAHMI01070078.1 Details of the shopping list ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace sql with dynamic values

Hi Guys, I am using a function to replace the values dynamically to frame sql query by reading a file. My file will have column names like file.txt col_1 col_2 expected output: select id,col_1,col_2 from ( select a.id, a.col_1, rank() over (ORDER BY cast(a.col_1 AS double)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
5 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI - "parser" for DBI handles SYNOPSIS
use DBI; use SQL::Translator; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dsn', 'user', 'pass', { RaiseError => 1, FetchHashKeyName => 'NAME_lc', } ); my $translator = SQL::Translator->new( parser => 'DBI', dbh => $dbh, ); Or: use SQL::Translator; my $translator = SQL::Translator->new( parser => 'DBI', parser_args => { dsn => 'dbi:mysql:FOO', db_user => 'guest', db_password => 'password', } ); DESCRIPTION
This parser accepts an open database handle (or the arguments to create one) and queries the database directly for the information. The following are acceptable arguments: o dbh An open DBI database handle. NB: Be sure to create the database with the "FetchHashKeyName => 'NAME_lc'" option as all the DBI parsers expect lowercased column names. o dsn The DSN to use for connecting to a database. o db_user The user name to use for connecting to a database. o db_password The password to use for connecting to a database. There is no need to specify which type of database you are querying as this is determined automatically by inspecting $dbh->{'Driver'}{'Name'}. If a parser exists for your database, it will be used automatically; if not, the code will fail automatically (and you can write the parser and contribute it to the project!). Currently parsers exist for the following databases: o MySQL o SQLite o Sybase o PostgreSQL (still experimental) Most of these parsers are able to query the database directly for the structure rather than parsing a text file. For large schemas, this is probably orders of magnitude faster than traditional parsing (which uses Parse::RecDescent, an amazing module but really quite slow). Though no Oracle parser currently exists, it would be fairly easy to query an Oracle database directly by using DDL::Oracle to generate a DDL for the schema and then using the normal Oracle parser on this. Perhaps future versions of SQL::Translator will include the ability to query Oracle directly and skip the parsing of a text file, too. AUTHOR
Ken Y. Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
DBI, SQL::Translator. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-01 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)