Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL selective replace
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SQL selective replace Post 302880606 by Scott on Saturday 21st of December 2013 03:40:09 AM
Old 12-21-2013
There is a replace function that can do just that:
Code:
SQL> update tablename set name = replace( name, 'string', 'sequence' ) where id > 5;

(assuming Oracle or mySQL)
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find 5 lines and replace with 18 line in sql file where it contains multiple blocks.

My sql file xyz_abc.sql in this file there are multiple sql block in this block I need to find the following block rem Subset Rows (&&tempName.*) CREATE VIEW &&tempName.* AS SELECT * FROM &&tempName.* WHERE f is not null and replace with following code rem Subset Rows... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a var in sql file with shell script variable

I have a requirement where i have a sql file (filetext.sql). This file contains a variable ss_code. Now in a shell script im trying to replace the variable ss_code with a value contained in the shell script variable MTK_DC..tried the below in the script MTK_DC="mit,cit,bit" OUT=`awk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective Replacements: Using sed or awk to replace letters with numbers in a very specific way

Hello all. I am a beginner UNIX user who is using UNIX to work on a bioinformatics project for my university. I have a bit of a complicated issue in trying to use sed (or awk) to "find and replace" bases (letters) in a genetics data spreadsheet (converted to a text file, can be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mince
3 Replies

4. Programming

[Solved] SQL SELECT REPLACE

Hi All, I had a query related to sql select update replace command. i have a table named clusters and it looks like this name model characteristics sample1.1 +123 parent sample1.2 -456 clone sample1.3 +122 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonia102
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective replace

i have a large sequence of format sat_1_g3_g_0_8540 . A 1 15501 . . . ID=sat_1_g3_g_0_8540;parentName=sat_1_g3_g_0_8540;Al=sat_1_g2_g_0_8540; sat_1_g3_g_2_8510 . C 1 25501 . . . ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective delete in SQL

Hi All This might be a weird query but its related to deleting specific details in database. Bascially I had built a database using a set of files seq1 of 300 mb seq2 of 200 mb seq3 of 350 mb seq4 of 300 mb and after building the database i realized that i didn't need the whole data.... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective Replace awk column values

Hi, I have the following data: 2860377|"DATA1"|"DATA2"|"65343"|"DATA2"|"DATA4"|"11"|"DATA5"|"DATA6"|"65343"|"DATA7"|"0"|"8"|"1"|"NEGATIVE" 32340377|"DATA1"|"DATA2"|"65343"|"DATA2"|"DATA4"|"11"|"DATA5"|"DATA6"|"65343"|"DATA7"|"0"|"8"|"1"|"NEG-DID"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
3 Replies

8. Programming

Sql select replace

Hi All, I had a query related to sql select replace command. i have a table named clusters and it looks like this Code: name characteristics sample 1.1 parent sample 1.2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective replace and delete

Hi My input file looks like this: >BAHMI01000090.1 Details of the shopping list 9800 item00090, whole set of listed artifacts and objects >BAHMI01050012.1 Details of the shopping list 9800 item02310, whole set of listed artifacts and objects >BAHMI01070078.1 Details of the shopping list ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace sql with dynamic values

Hi Guys, I am using a function to replace the values dynamically to frame sql query by reading a file. My file will have column names like file.txt col_1 col_2 expected output: select id,col_1,col_2 from ( select a.id, a.col_1, rank() over (ORDER BY cast(a.col_1 AS double)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
5 Replies
OCI_SET_ACTION(3)														 OCI_SET_ACTION(3)

oci_set_action - Sets the action name

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_action (resource $connection, string $action_name) DESCRIPTION
Sets the action name for Oracle tracing. The action name is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The action name can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. It can be used for tracing and monitor- ing such as with V$SQLAREA and DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $action_name - User chosen string up to 32 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the action <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the action oci_set_action($c, 'Friend Lookup'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the actions // being performed: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select action from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_client_info(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_ACTION(3)