Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX - Get next month from current date Post 302880582 by fabfisc on Friday 20th of December 2013 05:47:30 PM
Old 12-20-2013
This is what i get with the command:

Code:
$ printf '%(%m%Y)T\n' $(($(date +%m)+1))/01/$(date +%Y)
(%Y)T
$

This is the AIX verison:

Code:
$ uname -a
AIX eb088sd7 3 5 00CDFD764C00
$

As workaround, i made this script:

Code:
typeset -Z2 nextMonth # to obtain 2 integer variable for month
 (01, 02, 03...)
#
# *******************************************************
#
nextMonth=`expr $(date +"%m") + 1`
# for adding 1 to Dec 12, i'll get 13, so restart from 1 setting nextMonth to 1
if [ $nextMonth -eq "13" ]; then
    let nextMonth='01'
    nextYear=`expr $(date +"%Y") + 1`
fi
#
nextMonthFlow=$nextMonth$nextYear

All that to "find" all filenames in a directory containing this date.
Example:

I have a file "56311_0161_012014_M1_25112013.csv" and the bold text is what i'm searching for.
That's why i'm incrementing my current month by 1, coz i launch in december the script for files of the next month.

The find command i use is:

Code:
for file in $(find $dir_01_in -name "*_$nextMonthFlow_*.[Cc][Ss][Vv]" -type f -print -prune); do

But it's not working as well, 'cause is giving all files in the directory to me, and not ONLY thoose corresponding to my find!

I'll appreciate all help.

Look further for yours.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 12-20-2013 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: Change QUOTE tags to CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files one day old in current month only

i want to delete files that are one day old condition is files should be of current month only ie if iam running script on 1 march it should not delete files of 28 feb(29 if leap year :-)} any modifications to find $DIR -type f -atime +1 -exec rm -f{}\; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the create time of a file if current date is in next month

Hi All, I want to find the time diffrence between currnt time and "abc.txt" file create time. I have solve that but if the abc.txt file created last month then is there any process to find the difftent? Exp: Create time of abc.txt is "Apr 14 06:48" and currect date is "May 17 23:47".... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priyankak
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract log data based on current date and month ?

Hi Gurus, I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 operating system. I've been trying to extract this log info based on the current date and month, but was having some issues as the date column which on the 4th column has a comma and the 5th column has a dot tied to it. Here is the output from my shut... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

current date - one month in AIX

Hi, i unable to get the last month date in AIX. current date - one month Based on the forums tried but did not find the relevent information. Any help grealy appriciated. Thanks Suri. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
3 Replies

6. AIX

Get Next month in AIX from curent date in unix AIX

How could we derive teh Next month in MON-RR format from current date ie sysdate in UNI AIX sheel script.I coould get a command but i supports only inLinux susse andnotin AIX. I need for Unix AIX.Pls Help. Regards Shiv (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SHIV75
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getting last date of previous month and first date of previous 4th month from current date

I have requirment to get last date of previous month and the first date of previous 4th month: Example: Current date: 20130320 (yyyymmdd) Last date of previous month: 20130228 (yyyymmdd) First date of previous 4th month: 20121101 (yyyymmdd) In my shell --date, -d, -v switches are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of days in current month

I have a homework assignment: ---------------------------------------- "Display" the number of days in the current month. For example: September 1996 has 30 days ---------------------------------------- I am trying to just display the head of cal to start the sentence. eg. cal | head ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eaafuddy
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to minus 2 month from current date?

I am running a script in ksh to get the 2 months back date from system date.The below code is giving correct date output from putty command prompt.But while running the script is .ksh file it is giving the error below.Please suggest. ; d=a; y=a m-=num while(m < 1) {m+=12; y--}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hini
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to get first & last day of a month from current date?

Hi, I need the first & last day of a month from any given date. For better understanding, if i need to back-fill data for date 07/20/2019 i.e July 20 2019, i need the first & last day has 07/01/2019 - 07/31/2019. FYI: I'm using GIT BASH terminal. sample code: export DT=$(date --date='6 days... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rocky975583
2 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal, ncal -- displays a calendar and the date of Easter SYNOPSIS
cal [-3hjy] [-A number] [-B number] [[month] year] cal [-3hj] [-A number] [-B number] -m month [year] ncal [-3hjJpwy] [-A number] [-B number] [-s country_code] [[month] year] ncal [-3hJeo] [-A number] [-B number] [year] ncal [-CN] [-H yyyy-mm-dd] [-d yyyy-mm] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility displays a simple calendar in traditional format and ncal offers an alternative layout, more options and the date of Easter. The new format is a little cramped but it makes a year fit on a 25x80 terminal. If arguments are not specified, the current month is dis- played. The options are as follows: -h Turns off highlighting of today. -J Display Julian Calendar, if combined with the -e option, display date of Easter according to the Julian Calendar. -e Display date of Easter (for western churches). -j Display Julian days (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -m month Display the specified month. If month is specified as a decimal number, it may be followed by the letter 'f' or 'p' to indicate the following or preceding month of that number, respectively. -o Display date of Orthodox Easter (Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches). -p Print the country codes and switching days from Julian to Gregorian Calendar as they are assumed by ncal. The country code as deter- mined from the local environment is marked with an asterisk. -s country_code Assume the switch from Julian to Gregorian Calendar at the date associated with the country_code. If not specified, ncal tries to guess the switch date from the local environment or falls back to September 2, 1752. This was when Great Britain and her colonies switched to the Gregorian Calendar. -w Print the number of the week below each week column. -y Display a calendar for the specified year. -3 Display the previous, current and next month surrounding today. -A number Display the number of months after the current month. -B number Display the number of months before the current month. -C Switch to cal mode. -N Switch to ncal mode. -d yyyy-mm Use yyyy-mm as the current date (for debugging of date selection). -H yyyy-mm-dd Use yyyy-mm-dd as the current date (for debugging of highlighting). A single parameter specifies the year (1-9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calendar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month and year; the month is either a number between 1 and 12, or a full or abbreviated name as speci- fied by the current locale. Month and year default to those of the current system clock and time zone (so ``cal -m 8'' will display a calen- dar for the month of August in the current year). Not all options can be used together. For example ``-3 -A 2 -B 3 -y -m 7'' would mean: show me the three months around the seventh month, three before that, two after that and the whole year. ncal will warn about these combinations. A year starts on January 1. Highlighting of dates is disabled if stdout is not a tty. SEE ALSO
calendar(3), strftime(3) HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 5 AT&T UNIX. The ncal command appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The ncal command and manual were written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The assignment of Julian-Gregorian switching dates to country codes is historically naive for many countries. Not all options are compatible and using them in different orders will give varying results. BSD
March 14, 2009 BSD