Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unregistered version RHEL...
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unregistered version RHEL... Post 302880574 by cjcox on Friday 20th of December 2013 02:30:04 PM
Old 12-20-2013
No. All non-registered means is that you won't get updates. And btw, updates are *very* important on an RHEL box. If they want RHEL without paying, tell them to consider CentOS instead.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

using unregistered domain names

hey what the hell happens if you make sure (as best one can) that a domain name like anything.com is not used at all, and you set up your own DNS and use that name without registering with a registrar, i know if the address is in use you will make some people very upset and give many internet users... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Special note to unregistered users

This forum is intended only as a means to contact us if you are having trouble with your account. This forum is the only area on the site where even unregistered users can post. But because some spammers were using this to post spam, we have changed things a little bit. When an unregistered user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Installing the correct version of RHEL 5 Advanced Platform.

Dear Linux Gurus and RedHat Experts, I am about to install RHEL 5 Advanced Platform x86-64 on a high end machine with 4 sockets of CPU. However, I only have the subscription number from RedHat and can log on into rhn.redhat.com. However there are only one version ISO image per CPU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zepiroth
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to check the running snmp version in Rhel?

Hi, Please help me to understand how to check which snmp vesion(1, 2, 3) is configured on my rhel5 server. Regards, Aravind :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Which is the most stable version in RHEL 5 series.?

hi, Which is the most stable version in RHEL 5 series ? since i'm learning EL 6, it has some bug such as created partitions will be enabled after a reboot. so i like to start my learning from EL 5 series for practice. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 7 and GNOME version

Does anyone know if final RHEL 7 is going to have GNOME 2 or 3? Anyone try the beta yet? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Synbios
1 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Rpm for BIND 9 version 9.9.7-P2 (fix CVE-2015-5477) rhel

Hello, I have a RedHat machine (version 5.11) and i need to install BIND version version 9.9.7-P2 in order to fix a known BIND vulnerability CVE-2015-5477. I downloaded the tar file from isc website but i am having trouble to install the file. Does anybody knows a link for the rpm package of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies
globus-rls-admin(8)					      System Manager's Manual					       globus-rls-admin(8)

NAME
globus-rls-admin - Replica Location Service Administration SYNOPSIS
globus-rls-admin -A|-a|-C option value|-c option|-D|-d|-e|-p|-q|-r|-S|-s|-t timeout|-u|-v [ rli ] [ pattern ] [ server ] DESCRIPTION
The program globus-rls-admin performs administrative operations on a RLS server (see globus-rls-server(8)). OPTIONS
-A Add rli to list of RLI servers updated by an LRC server using Bloom filters. Note that partitions are not supported with Bloom fil- ters, the LRC server maintains one Bloom filter for all LFNs in its database, which is sent to all RLI servers configured to receive Bloom filter updates with this option. -a Add rli and optionally pattern to the list of RLI servers that the LRC server sends updates to (using a list of LFNs). If pattern is specified then only LFNs matching it will be sent to rli. If rli is added with no patterns, then it is sent all updates. Pat- tern matching is done using standard Unix file globbing (see fnmatch(3) or sh(1)). -C option value Set server option to value. Note this does not update the configuration file, the next time the server is restarted the configura- tion change will be lost. -c option Retrieve configuration value for specified option from server. If option is "all" then all options are retrieved. -D Remove rli and pattern from list of RLI servers that the RLI server sends updates to. If pattern is not specified then all entries for rli are removed. Note if all patterns are removed separately then rli is sent all updates. To stop any updates from being sent to rli do not specify pattern -d Remove rli and pattern from list of RLI servers that the LRC server sends updates to. If pattern is not specified then all entries for rli are removed. Note if all patterns are removed separately then rli is sent all updates. To stop any updates from being sent to rli do not specify pattern -e Clear LRC database. Removes all lfn,pfn mappings. -p Verifies that the server is responding. -q Cause RLS server to exit. -r Add rli and optionally pattern to the list of RLI servers that the RLI server sends updates to. If pattern is specified then only LFNs matching it will be sent to rli. If rli is added with no patterns, then it is sent all updates. Pattern matching is done using standard Unix file globbing (see fnmatch(3) or sh(1)). -S Show statistics and other information gathered by RLS server. Intended to be input into GRIS. -s Show list of RLI servers and patterns being sent updates by the LRC server. If rli or pattern are not specified they are considered wildcards. -t timeout Set timeout (in seconds) for RLS server requests. Default is 30 seconds. -u Cause LRC server to immediately start full softstate updates to any RLI servers previously added with the -a option. -v Show version and exit. SEE ALSO
globus-rls-server(8), globus_rls_client man pages 23 Apr 02 globus-rls-admin(8)