Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trouble reading content of file from a variable Post 302880567 by RudiC on Friday 20th of December 2013 01:51:59 PM
Old 12-20-2013
Not sure I understand your specification
Quote:
I just need the content of the file where the file path is in parameter to another parameter where it will be also having another file path with different name.
Please describe in more detail and provide examples.
Quote:
cp command is not working ...... is there any other way around?
cp has proven to be working a zillion times. What is its behaviour in your case that displeases you? Run it with the -x option set and show us the execution log.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading a file and sending mail based on content of the file

Hi Gurus, I am having an requirement. i have to read a list file which contains file names and send mail to different users based on the files in the list file. eg. if file a.txt exists then send a mail to a@a.com simillary for b.txt,c.txt etc. Thanks for your help, Nimu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimu1979
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading variable from file variable values

Hi, Here is the output of lpstat. I would like to read value of Queue which is(abxxxxb1)and status that is DOWN in first line. i dont care what is in second line. any one can help me.thanks Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- ---------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagii
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in reading a file content

Hi, I am reading a file line by line using read line function of while loop. Each line contains 4 fields. I want to take these 4 values in 4 variables in each iteration so that i can use them in my script. The issue here is that my awk command is returning awkward results - Here is a sample line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garman
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading content of a variable to create a new one?

Hello. I've written up a script, that populates a variable with a list of tapes returned from my library. For example: 701940L3,701941L3,701942L3,701943L3,701944L3,701945L3,701946L3,701947L3,701948L3 So now, the variable "TAPELIST" contains those numbers, delimited by commas. I'd like to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stephan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble reading [noeol] file

cat can't show the last line of a file sftp transffered from Windows, because the last line is not ended with new line. Vi can show all line with warning I can append blank line in order for cat to show all lines, But is there a command to do this without modifying the file? > cat -A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading files under a folder and formatting content of each file

I have 'n' number of files in a folder .each file in the folder "myfolder" is having the content like. COLNAME ------------ AAAAAA BBBBBB CCCCCC DDDDDD ... ... ... ZZZZZZ 26 recrod(s) selected. My request is by reading each file in "myfolder" and format each file such a way... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with variable assignment and reading in shell scripting

Hi, I have an inputfile with some table names in it. For ex: t_arnge t_profl t_fac I need a script which reads the line one by one and need to assign to some dynamic variable. If to explain the above example: i need some a=table_name1 table_name1=t_arnge in first time and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting ls content into a file using variable

hi i just cant figure out how can i do this ls -lt > log.txt using $PWD what i mean is how can i get the ls command content into a file using $PWD variable? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble reading from a tab delimited excel file

So I have a file1.txt that is tab delimited: e.g. FIELD1 FIELD2 FIELD3 FIELD4 FIELD5 9545641 123 "Neighbor and Labrador,Canada" 54895 'CANADA' 9456465 456 "Neighbor and Labrador,Canada" 54893 'CANADA' 8746512 789 "Neighbor and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan139
11 Replies

10. Programming

Reading flat file content

is there any unix tools that can read the text files like through SQL queries? (ie in Hadoop, Impala DB support flat file query) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omykarshan
1 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)