Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to use delimiter as : and space in awk Post 302879836 by Vishal_dba on Monday 16th of December 2013 05:14:07 AM
Old 12-16-2013
Need to use delimiter as : and space in awk

Hi ,

Please suggest me how do I use
Code:
 :   (colon and one space)

as a delimiter in awk

Best regards,
Vishal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace space with delimiter in whole file -perl

Hi I have a file which have say about 100,000 records.. the records in it look like Some kind of text 1234567891 abcd February 14, 2008 03:58:54 AM lmnop This is how it looks.. if u notice there is a 2byte space between each column.. and im planning to replace that with '|' .. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing space with pipe(delimiter)

Hello All, I have a file with thousands of records: eg: |000222|123456987|||||||AARONSON| JOHN P|||PRIMARY |P |000111|567894521|||||||ATHENS| WILLIAM k|||AAAA|L Expected: |000222|123456987|||||||AARONSON| JOHN |P|||PRIMARY |P |000111|567894521|||||||ATHENS| WILLIAM |k|||AAAA|L I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: OSD
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem Using Cut With A Space Delimiter

I am trying to extract 'postmaster' from the following string: PenaltyError:=554 5.7.1 Error, send your mail to postmaster@LOCALDOMAIN using the following command: cat /usr/share/assp/assp.cfg | grep ^PenaltyError:= | cut -d '@' -f1 | cut -f8 but it returns: PenaltyError:=554 5.7.1 Error,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleanden
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delimiter: Tab or Space?

Hello, Is there a direct command to check if the delimiter in your file is a tab or a space? And how can they be converted from one to another. Thanks, G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comma delimiter and space

I have a csv file and there is a problem which I need to resolve. Column1,Column2,Colum3,Column4 ,x,y,z ,d,c,v t,l,m,n ,h,s,k ,k,,y z,j, ,p Now if you see column1 for row 1 and row 4 though they are null there is a space but in case of row2 and row 5 there is no space. I want row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extraction when space is a field delimiter

I have more than 1000 files to parse. Each file contains few lines (number of lines varies) followed by a header line having all column's name (SPOT, NAME etc) and then values for those columns. **Example File: sdgafh dfhaadfha sfgaf dhah jkthdj SPOT NAME GENE_NAME CH_MEAN CHDN_MED ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space as a delimiter

not sure if i'm doing this right i'm new tho this but i'm trying to use a space as a delimiter with the cut command my code is size=$( du -k -S -s /home/cmik | cut -d' ' -f1 ) i've also tried -f2 and switching the -d and -f around if that does anything (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cmik
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to remove leading space from awk statement space from calculation

I created a awk state to calculate the number of success however when the query runs it has a leading zero. Any ideas on how to remove the leading zero from the calculation? Here is my query: cat myfile.log | grep | awk '{print $2,$3,$7,$11,$15,$19,$23,$27,$31,$35($19/$15*100)}' 02:00:00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bizomb
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need next line as a space delimiter in awk

Hi,Below is the output for p3fi_dev services 1/app/oracle> . ./oraprofile_p3fi_dev p3fi_dev_01 (P):/devoragridcn_01/app/oracle> srvctl config service -d p3fi_dev p3fi_p3fi_dev.world PREF: p3fi_dev_01 AVAIL: p3fi_dev_02 pplnet_p3fidev PREF: p3fi_dev_01 AVAIL: p3fi_dev_02 nexus_p3fidev PREF:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX sed use space as delimiter

I am trying to do this with one small tweak. I would also like to use a space as a delimiter. sed 's/ */\ /g' file This is what my file looks like. server1, server2, server3 server4 server5 server6 I would like it to look like this. server1 server2 server3 server4 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)