Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to fix Python path for some script/app? Post 302879455 by bartus11 on Thursday 12th of December 2013 01:47:06 PM
Old 12-12-2013
You can modify python path specified in the first line of "iotop" script.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

find the fully-qualified path for the app my module is running in

Hi- I need the cpp call that will tell me the full path to the app I'm running in. For example, I'm running in a loaded library for either mozilla or firefox, but would like to know the full path to the executable /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/mozilla /usr/local/firefox1_5 etc... (For... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erwinfletch
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

absolute path for a script ran with relative path

I have a script in which i want to print absolute path of the same script irrespective of path from where i run script. I am using test.sh: echo "pwd : `pwd`" echo "script name: $0" echo "dirname: `dirname $0`" when i run script from /my/test/dir/struct as ../test.sh the output i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rss67
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run files with an app

hello, I need help in Unix scripting I have a whole list of file name in a Input file. I need to run the command iteratively and output the result into a text file e.g While read < Input file ; do QUERY filenane done > output.txt Appreciate your help Thank you Suhas;) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suhas Kurse
8 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Advise on os.path in python

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm writing a python script to give me the number of files and directories in a given directory and I'm having... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to automation utility app

Hi All, Am trying to write a shell script to automate one of the product utility but am struck with how to send/key in the inputs and most importantly it requires to press "Enter" key every time after giving the input. Not sure how to take control of utility from script and key in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass File name and Directory Path through command to python script

I'm writing python script to get the file-names in the current directory and file sizes .I'm able to get file list and their sizes but unable to pass them through command line. I want to use this script to execute on other directory and pass directory path with file name through command line. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

8. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App

With a little bit of work, was able to build a nice "Wuhan Coronavirus Status" app using MQTT and the IoT-OnOff app. More on this technique here: ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages The result turned out nice, I think. I like the look and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies
iotop(1m)							   USER COMMANDS							 iotop(1m)

NAME
iotop - display top disk I/O events by process. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
iotop [-C] [-D|-o|-P] [-j|-Z] [-d device] [-f filename] [-m mount_point] [-t top] [interval [count]] DESCRIPTION
iotop tracks disk I/O by process, and prints a summary report that is refreshed every interval. This is measuring disk events that have made it past system caches. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-C don't clear the screen -D print delta times - elapsed, us -j print project ID -o print disk delta times, us -P print %I/O (disk delta times) -Z print zone ID -d device instance name to snoop (eg, dad0) -f filename full pathname of file to snoop -m mount_point mountpoint for filesystem to snoop -t top print top number only EXAMPLES
Default output, print summary every 5 seconds # iotop One second samples, # iotop 1 print %I/O (time based), # iotop -P Snoop events on the root filesystem only, # iotop -m / Print top 20 lines only, # iotop -t 20 Print 12 x 5 second samples, scrolling, # iotop -C 5 12 FIELDS
UID user ID PID process ID PPID parent process ID PROJ project ID ZONE zone ID CMD command name for the process DEVICE device name MAJ device major number MIN device minor number D direction, Read or Write BYTES total size of operations, bytes ELAPSED total elapsed times from request to completion, us (this is the elapsed time from the disk request (strategy) to the disk completion (iodone)) DISKTIME total times for disk to complete request, us (this is the time for the disk to complete that event since it's last event (time between iodones), or, the time to the strategy if the disk had been idle) %I/O percent disk I/O, based on time (DISKTIME) load 1 minute load average disk_r total disk read Kb for sample disk_w total disk write Kb for sample DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
iotop will run forever until Ctrl-C is hit, or the specified interval is reached. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
iosnoop(1M), dtrace(1M) version 0.75 Oct 25, 2005 iotop(1m)