Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trying to remove duplicates based on field and row Post 302879272 by RudiC on Wednesday 11th of December 2013 02:47:21 PM
Old 12-11-2013
Try also (a bit lengthy)
Code:
cat -n file | sort -r |awk '!T[$2,$3]++' | sort | awk '{print $2 "\t" $3}'
-==>    Listvol
deleting    /vol/eng_rmd_0941
deleting    /vol/eng_rmd_0943
deleting    /vol/eng_rmd_1006
deleting    /vol/eng_rmd_1012
rearrange    /vol/eng_rmd_0943

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need Shell script for Sort BASED ON FIRST FIELD and PRINT THE WHOLE FILE WITHOUT DUPLICATES

Can some one provide me a shell script. I have file with many columns and many rows. need to sort the first column and then remove the duplicates records if exists.. finally print the full data with first coulm as unique. Sort BASED ON FIRST FIELD and remove the duplicates if exists... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuffEnuff
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates based on the two key columns

Hi All, I needs to fetch unique records based on a keycolumn(ie., first column1) and also I needs to get the records which are having max value on column2 in sorted manner... and duplicates have to store in another output file. Input : Input.txt 1234,0,x 1234,1,y 5678,10,z 9999,10,k... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicates based on single column

Hello, I am new to shell scripting. I have a huge file with multiple columns for example: I have 5 columns below. HWUSI-EAS000_29:1:105 + chr5 76654650 AATTGGAA HHHHG HWUSI-EAS000_29:1:106 + chr5 76654650 AATTGGAA B@HYL HWUSI-EAS000_29:1:108 + ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the partial duplicates by checking the length of a field

Hi Folks - I'm quite new to awk and didn't come across such issues before. The problem statement is that, I've a file with duplicate records in 3rd and 4th fields. The sample is as below: aaaaaa|a12|45|56 abbbbaaa|a12|45|56 bbaabb|b1|51|45 bbbbbabbb|b2|51|45 aaabbbaaaa|a11|45|56 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV with commas in field values, remove duplicates, cut columns

Hi Description of input file I have: ------------------------- 1) CSV with double quotes for string fields. 2) Some string fields have Comma as part of field value. 3) Have Duplicate lines 4) Have 200 columns/fields 5) File size is more than 10GB Description of output file I need:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove duplicates based on a field and criteria

Hi, I have a file with fields like below: A;XYZ;102345;222 B;XYZ;123243;333 C;ABC;234234;444 D;MNO;103345;222 E;DEF;124243;333 desired output: C;ABC;234234;444 D;MNO;103345;222 E;DEF;124243;333 ie, if the 4rth field is a duplicate.. i need only those records where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanderingmind16
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates and update last 2 digits of the original row with 0's

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to remove duplicates from a file based on the first 8 chars (It is fixed width file of 10 chars length) and whenever a duplicate row is found, its original row's last 2 chars should be updated to all 0's. I thought of using sort -u -k 1.1,1.8... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: farawaydsky
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates within row and separate column

Hi all I have following kind of input file ESR1 PA156 leflunomide PA450192 leflunomide CHST3 PA26503 docetaxel Pa4586; thalidomide Pa34958; decetaxel docetaxel docetaxel I want to remove duplicates and I want to separate anything before and after PAxxxx entry into columns or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates based on a field's value

Hi All, I have a text file with three columns. I would like a simple script that removes lines in which column 1 has duplicate entries, but use the largest value in column 3 to decide which one to keep. For example: Input file: 12345a rerere.rerere len=23 11111c fsdfdf.dfsdfdsf len=33 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anniecarv
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting single row into multiple rows based on for every 10 digits of last field of the row

Hi ALL, We have requirement in a file, i have multiple rows. Example below: Input file rows 01,1,102319,0,0,70,26,U,1,331,000000113200000011920000001212 01,1,102319,0,1,80,20,U,1,241,00000059420000006021 I need my output file should be as mentioned below. Last field should split for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotra
4 Replies
mlib_VolumeRayCast_General(3MLIB)			    mediaLib Library Functions				 mlib_VolumeRayCast_General(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_VolumeRayCast_General, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_U8_Bit, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_U8_U8, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_S16_S16, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Trilinear_U8_U8, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Paral- lel_Trilinear_S16_S16, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_U8_Bit, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_U8_U8, mlib_Vol- umeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_S16_S16, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Trilinear_U8_U8, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Diver- gent_Trilinear_S16_S16 - cast a ray (or rays) through a 3D data set SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_U8_Bit( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_U8_U8( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_S16_S16( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Trilinear_U8_U8( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Trilinear_S16_S16( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_U8_Bit( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_U8_U8( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_S16_S16( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Trilinear_U8_U8( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Trilinear_S16_S16( mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions casts a ray (or rays) through a three-dimensional(3D) data set, then computes and returns the interpolated samples at each step along the way. In trilinear interpolation, the value at point P is computed from its eight surrounding neighbors based on the equation below. P = (1-a)*(1-b)*(1-c)*P0 + a*(1-b)*(1-c)*Px + (1-a)*b*(1-c)*Py + (1-a)*(1-b)*c*Pz + a*b*(1-c)*Pxy + a*(1-b)*c*Pxz + (1-a)*b*c*Pyz + a*b*c*Pxyz where a, b, and c are the fractional parts of the coordinates of point P. The trilinear interpolation is represented by the following figure: Printed copy or docs.sun.com displays a figure that represents the trilinear interpolation. In nearest neighbor operation, the sample value at point P is replaced by the value of the nearest neighbor voxel. PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes the following arguments: rays Casting rays. vol Volume data that consists of slices. buffer Working buffer. RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_VolumeRayCast_Blocked(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Mar 2007 mlib_VolumeRayCast_General(3MLIB)