Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to search for specific line and replace nth column Post 302878912 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 9th of December 2013 01:22:41 PM
Old 12-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncwxpanther
Code:
AA00101062012   1.54   0.76  -1.39  -2.18  -2.59  -2.84  -2.28  -1.96  -1.02   1.42   0.61   0.73 -99.99
AA00101062013   1.36   0.75   0.65   0.95   1.22   1.21   2.90   3.08   2.94   2.22  1.59  -9.99 -99.99

Try:

Code:
$ awk 'substr($1,length($1)-3) <= 2013{$13 = -9.99; for (i=2; i<=NF; i++) $i=sprintf("%6.2f", $i);print}' file

This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search pattern and replace x-y characters in nth line after every match

Hi, I am looking for any script which can do the following. have to read a pattern from fileA and copy it to fileB. fileA: ... ... Header ... ... ..p1 ... ... fileB: .... .... Header (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilvk
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific field on specific line sed or awk

I'm trying to update a text file via sed/awk, after a lot of searching I still can't find a code snippet that I can get to work. Brief overview: I have user input a line to a variable, I then find a specific value in this line 10th field in this case. After asking for new input and doing some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: crownedzero
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to find top Nth values in Nth column

I have an awk script to find the maximum value of the 2nd column of a 2 column datafile, but I need to find the top 5 maximum values of the 2nd column. Here is the script that works for the maximum value. awk 'BEGIN { subjectmax=$1 ; max=0} $2 >= max {subjectmax=$1 ; max=$2} END {print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating average for every Nth line in the Nth column

Is there an awk script that can easily perform the following operation? I have a data file that is in the format of 1944-12,5.6 1945-01,9.8 1945-02,6.7 1945-03,9.3 1945-04,5.9 1945-05,0.7 1945-06,0.0 1945-07,0.0 1945-08,0.0 1945-09,0.0 1945-10,0.2 1945-11,10.5 1945-12,22.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : search last index in specific column

I am trying to search a given text in a file and find its last occurrence index. The task is to append the searched index in the same file but in a separate column. I am able to accomplish the task partially and looking for a solution. Following is the detailed description: names_file.txt ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarun.trehan
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Replace Specific Column using RegEx

Have Pipe Delimited File: > BRYAN BAKER|4/4/2015|518 VIRGINIA AVE|TEST > JOE BAXTER|3/30/2015|2233 MockingBird RD|ROW2On 3rd column where the address is located, I want to add a space after every numeric value - basically doing a "s//&\ / ": > BRYAN BAKER|4/4/2015|5 1 8 VIRGINIA AVE|TEST > JOE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svn
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and replace string from nth column from a file?

I wanted to search for a string and replace it with other string from nth column of a file which is comma seperated which I am able to do with below # For Comma seperated file without quotes awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS=","}$"'"$ColumnNo"'"=="'"$PPK"'"{$"'"$ColumnNo"'"="'"$NPK"'"}{print}' ${FileName} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search and replace nth column by using a variable.

I am passing a variable and replace nth value with the variable. I tried using many options in awk command but unable to ignore the special characters in the output and also unable to pass the actual value. Input : "1","2","3" Output : "1","1000","3" TempVal=`echo 1000` Cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term in nth field and replace kth column

Hi, I have a text file which looks like this a.txt A,12,Apple,Red B,33,Banana,Yellow C,66,Sky,Blue I need to search for a particular field(s) in particular column(s) and for that matching line need to replace the nth column. Sample scenario 1: Search for 66 in second field and Sky in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Value of nth Column of Each Line Using Array

Hello All, I am writing a shell script with following requirement: 1. I have one input file as below CHE01,A,MSC,INO CHE02,B,NST,INC CHE03,C,STM,INP 2. In shell script I have predefined array as below: Array1={A, B, C} Array2= {U09, C04, A054} (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)