Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mount UEFI partition
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mount UEFI partition Post 302878566 by jamarsh on Friday 6th of December 2013 10:39:54 PM
Old 12-06-2013
Thanks Kimon - I checked it out, and I do have it. I just wasn't aware of it. Do you happen to know if I will be able to mount a UEFI partition?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to mount fat16 partition

Hello, I am trying to mount a FAT16 and FAT32 partition on an already installed Redhat system. I have tried to edit the fstab and mtab, and to put in the data I got from fdisk, but it just says cannot find it. The information given by fdisk on /dev/hda is: Device Boot Start ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghoti
4 Replies

2. Solaris

can't mount a partition

Hello, I have a problem on my sun station, that run solaris7. To free temporarly a little space on /, I moved a few empty folders (mnt, net, awk, tftpboot) to the /home partition. Unfortunately the system froze just after this...maybe I should not have move this files, I don't know, I am a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabulus
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to mount other partition?

dear all, that is my problem : c0d0p1 is nt, c0d0p2 is solaris and other on extended partition is pcfs, so how can i mount it somewhere? because i dont know which one connect from raw to block dev. /dev/rdsk/c0d0p? any help would be great... :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stdout
6 Replies

4. SCO

/ partition is mounted but not present in mount

Hello , I 've got a problem with the root partition on my SCO 5.0.5 . When I check the disk with df or mount , I can 't see the root filesystem . # mount /stand on /dev/boot read only on Tue Sep 05 16:13:51 2006 /home on /dev/home read/write on Tue Sep 05 16:14:41 2006 But , if I try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npn35
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition?

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition? The manual information at http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/parted.html is good, but I am sure about how I mount the partition afterwards. Thanks, --Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtp51
1 Replies

6. Solaris

can not mount the selected partition

Dear Brothers First i installed suse linux with the following partition. my hd0 size is 75gb hdc1 swap 1 gb hdc2 native linux 39gb For the rest of the 35 gb i did not create any partition. so i planned to install solaris 10x86 on that free space. When i installed the solaris i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sayed_021
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Could I mount a swap/dump partition on /tmp?

Hey Guys. Let show our disk-mapping structure on HP-UX B11.11 with df : # df /home (/dev/vg00/lvol5 ): 18979652 blocks 1224395 i /opt (/dev/vg00/lvol4 ): 120276192 blocks 1894100 i /var (/dev/vg00/lvol6 ): 19380328 blocks ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount extended partition

Hello, Im new here, and may be my question is stupid, but... Today I run PGP Desktop decript on my 2nd partition ( D:\ ) and when decript finish, I restart my PC.Now when I try to open D:\ its give me: D:\ is not accessable and I lose my files :( So I load Linux live CD ( knoppix ) and try to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrowcp
1 Replies

9. AIX

Can't mount a partition

Hello, today i get some aix errors (can't lock files and strange things) then i umount FS to do a fsck but i get these errors root@omega / > fsck -p /dev/fslv06 The current volume is: /dev/fslv06 Unable to read primary superblock. Unable to read either superblock. I readed on this page... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thorin666
9 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Can I mount partition at given dir path

Hi, In Linux, I had modified fstab file which used to mount ~/Music, ~/Pictures, etc with disk partitions containing corresponding content or binding directory located at other partition. But I am wondering can I do same in El-Capitan as well? No linking! /media/L-Store/Desktop/Documents ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
0 Replies
ADDPART(8)                                                     System Administration                                                    ADDPART(8)

NAME
addpart - tell the kernel about the existence of a partition SYNOPSIS
addpart device partition start length DESCRIPTION
addpart tells the Linux kernel about the existence of the specified partition. The command is a simple wrapper around the "add partition" ioctl. This command doesn't manipulate partitions on a block device. PARAMETERS
device The disk device. partition The partition number. start The beginning of the partition (in 512-byte sectors). length The length of the partition (in 512-byte sectors). SEE ALSO
delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The addpart command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux January 2015 ADDPART(8)