Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Space not getting released on the mountpoint Post 302878096 by ibmtech on Wednesday 4th of December 2013 02:44:41 PM
Old 12-04-2013
Ok,
We were talking about "Grid_11203", now we know its a directory, so run
fuser -cu /oragrid_01/Grid_11203, now do you see any user have open files in here.

You cannot unmount that file system as oracle is using it, to do that you have to shutdown the grid.

But, you have to be sure that you can bring it down without causing havoc in the environment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HPUX : identify NFS mountpoint

Is there a way to identify a directory as the start of an NFS mountpoint in HPUX 11.0? Using existing utilities & without root priv. If you stat the directory and use the S_ISNWK macro you can find network special files that way. The requirement will have to go through other channels if I need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
5 Replies

2. Solaris

problem in restoring mountpoint in Solaris

Hi, I am restoring the existing mount point on Solaris and getting below mentioned error mount: /dev/dsk/c0t2d0s6 is already mounted or /billing is busy I uses truss command to see the output and snapshot is below. Please help me to restore the mount point, # truss -fa mount -F... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: helplineinc
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get mountpoint from filename

Dear Guru's Given a full filename /a/b/c/d/file.txt how do i determine what part is the mount point ( say /a/b). Cheers, Karel (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karelb
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Testing NAS /mountpoint accessible

Hello. What's the best way to ensure that a NFS filesystem mounted from a disk-cabine (NAS) is accessible? My proposal: 1. ping to the ip of the cabine 2. verify filesystem is mounted 3. touch a file inside the /mountpoint Any other suggestions? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystem and partition, mountpoint

Hello All, I am new to System/plat-form administration work. Right now I am facing some issues while creating the filesystem and mounpoint. I am using Linux 6.0 SuSE 11. Last time I was used one command to partition the given space along with filesystem in SuSE 9 and it was done in GUI mode but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
0 Replies

6. AIX

read lv mountpoint information directly from disk

Hello, I need to get the lv mountpoint from the hdisk directly (from vgda i guess) and not from odm or /etc/filesystems I knew the command, but unfortunately I forgot it ;) cheers funksen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Mountpoint 100% but no data inside

One of our mountpoint shows 100% but we have less data on that mountpoint. Pls help me to find which data/process holds the space. bash-3.00$ cd /oracle/server_software/oracle10 bash-3.00$ du -sh * 0K admin 260M app 0K flash_recovery_area 0K lost+found 0K oradata ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rock123
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to format new mountpoint

Can some one help me i try to mkfs new mountpoint from storageIBM but give some problem # mkfs -t ext3 /dev/sdd1 mke2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006) /dev/sdd1 is apparently in use by the system; will not make a filesystem here! my os is redhat 5.3 using fdisk # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 298.9... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickyid04
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mountpoint monitoring script

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I prepared a very simple script to monitor mount points but not geting desired output. df -h|awk -F' ' '{ if ($5 >= 80) print "CRITICAL\n" $NF " mount point has reached " $5;}'|sed -n '3,$p' When I run above script in Sun solaris box it is executing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating mountpoint in Linux from rawdevices without lv's

Hello, I need to create mountpoint in linux from rawdevices without using lv's. Please help me with the steps to do this. Best regards, Vishal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)