Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .ftp files
Operating Systems AIX .ftp files Post 302877703 by Madhu Siddula on Tuesday 3rd of December 2013 05:35:39 AM
Old 12-03-2013
.ftp files

how to run .ftp file in AIX... the code contains somefile.ftp---->
Code:
$cat somefile.ftp

open <ip>
user <username> <pwd>
put <source of filename >  <destination of file>

it is giving error.
can anybody help plzh

Last edited by Scott; 12-03-2013 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP files

Hi, I am new to unix and I want to ftp files from unix to windows nt machine. My requirement is like i want to ftp files which are having system date (20050927) in between the filename. Once i get into ftp mode, I am not able to execute the unix command the get the system date and to change it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopskrish
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP of files

Hi all, I had written the following script to transfer the files thru FTP. But it throws me some error after I run the program. I guess its throwing error because of the path. Do help me. Thanks cd /home/psv find . -name '*.ksh' -print > /home/psv/ftpbatch/onefile cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Not able to FTP the files to a FTP server

Hi , We are facing a weird problem in our project. we need to send some xml & audio files to a remote FTP server from a Linux box, we are doing this in Perl script using Net::FTP->. Issue here is.. when FTPed the files using Perl scripts, only empty files ( 0 byte) are getting created on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorepotta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp files

Dear ALL i had a file name called test.log witch contains 300 archives log files. so how can i give the test.log as a input to the ftp script please let me know Thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paddyforum
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files

Hi, I have to transfer the files from one unix box to abnother. Below is the function i have written - file_ftp () { #for inFile in `cat /home/rgupta/list-test.txt` #do inFile=abc.arch.gz FILETYPE=$inFile ftp -in $GATEWAY1 <<! user $USERID1 $PASSWD1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP the files

Hi, Currenty I am transfering the files which are in list-test.txt. Below is the code for same - file_ftp () { while read inFile do #inFile=abc.arch.gz FILETYPE=$inFile ftp -in $GATEWAY1 <<! user $USERID1 $PASSWD1 lcd $PICKUPDIR cd $DROPDIR1 bin ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting only new files from FTP

iam using mget *.* too get all files in FTP iam checking the FTP Server every day for the new files(there are 100s every day) and iam doing *.* by doing so iam getting the old files also(it overwriting the old files) ...... how can i get only the new files...... from FTP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp files ...

Hi , I am new to shell scripting I was planning to write a script that will FTP files to destination folder..so which approach should I follow the ftp one or sftp one or scp one and which one one of them is most secure and fastest one..? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul125
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script to FTP files to a server and then delete the files that were transfered.

I am trying to FTP files to a Windows server through my Linux machine. I have setup the file transfer with no problems but am having problem deleting those files from the Linux box. My current non-working solution is below. Any ideas, anyone?? :wall: Please be gentle, I'm fairly new to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmalfhs
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)