Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with insert a value equation in bash script Post 302877696 by pravin27 on Tuesday 3rd of December 2013 02:52:50 AM
Old 12-03-2013
Code:
df -hP /var/log/syslog | awk 'int($5) >= 80'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

equation calculation on Unix

Hay, guys, Any ideas how to calculate like this: in first file, there're number of lines listing 2+3, 6*9 ....... Then, how to get the result and put them in another file in format: 2+3 5 6*9 54 ...... sheerly by shell command, no scripts required. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbinGlasses
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK equation evaluation.

Hi, Is there a way to evaluate an equation contained in a string within an AWK script? For example: A = "(5*2)-1" (this equation is read from a file and varies line by line) In this example, I can't see any way to get an answer of 9 unless I do: cmd = "awk 'BEGIN{print "A"}'" cmd |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srdgeo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I insert a line in the middle of a file in BASH?

I have tried sed '/6/a text_to_inserted' file > newfile but this inserts test_to_insert at random places in file and i want it in specific location, which is line 6. can anyone help.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phenom
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - maths equation - need help

if input to the perl program is ' ( p * ((a+b) * (c+d))) + q ' it shuld give the output as ' pac + pad + pbc + pbd + q ' .can anyone suggest a way to do this ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anuj8584
7 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Performance Equation

I'm running a MPI program using a cluster of 4 machines(different machines of different processing power,cpu utilization etc.). I'm trying to balance the computation among the machine to get the minimum execution time for that. I tried to balance it by creating a threshold value by taking the load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chamila1986
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to insert data into an html table

hi, I need to create a bash shell script which picks up data from a text file and in the output file puts it into an html made table. I have to use sed and awk utilties to do this the input text file will contain data in the format: job name para1 para2 para3 para4 para4 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intern123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script search file and insert character when match found

Hi I need a bash script that can search through a text file and when it finds 'FSS1206' I need to put a Letter F 100 spaces after the second instance of FSS1206 The format is the same throughout the file I need to repeat this on every time it finds the second 'FSS1206' in the file I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to count and insert

Hi not sure if this is possible but I need some help with a bash script, I have a text file and on the first line that starts with 7150230 I need it to put a 1 at position 79 and a 2 at position 88, this is where it gets complicated, on the next line it finds that starts with 7150230 I then need it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

BASH SCRIPT - Insert date into cells in cvs file

Hi, I'm looking to accomplish the following. Insert current date into three places/cells within a cvs, every time the bash script is executed. The cells are column A,B,C row 2. Row 1 is reserved for the headers. The file name is always orders.csv. These three cells we always have an old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rookievmc
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash: Insert in a variable a file

hi all i have a problem in the bash shell. i'd like insert in a variable a file for example : i have a file datafine.log in this file there is : 17/JUN/2019 i want to insert the value of datafine.log in a variable. Regards Frncesco edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags for your data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)