Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and replace values using a list from a file Post 302876921 by jiam912 on Wednesday 27th of November 2013 07:54:08 AM
Old 11-27-2013
Thanks to all for your help

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace duplicate column values in a row

I have file which as 12 columns and values like this 1,2,3,4,5 a,b,c,d,e b,c,a,e,f a,b,e,a,h if you see the first column has duplicate values, I need to identify (print it to console) the duplicate value (which is 'a') and also remove duplicate values like below. I could be in two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthalapati
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace based on values in an file

I have a file in which I want to do multiple find and replace of strings. For a single replace I can implement: sed -i 's/old/new/' <input_file> I have a second file that contains the old and the new values like the arbitrary example below: old new xyz pqr ab 756 rst pqr... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace based on a list

Hello, I have two files 'Master' and 'Rename'. Rename has two columns, the first containing old names and the second new names. I want to replace the old names in the 'Master' file with the new names. I ran the following and it does not seem to work. What needs to be done differently? Thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace many values

Dear Friends, I did the same question before in other thread, but I want to explain a little better my request. I am looking for a way how to find and replace a values in two files using a reference a file where are the key to replace. Basically, I want to keep a copy of the original file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiam912
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a blank field and replace values to NA

Hi All, i have a file like col1 col2 col3 13 24 NA 12 13 14 11 12 13 14 22 NA 18 26 NA in this file if i found "NA" other values in the line are also replace by NA Could you help me! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the X highest values in a list depending on the values of another list with bash/awk?

Hi everyone, This is an exemple of inpout.txt file (a "," delimited text file which can be open as csv file): ID, Code, Value, Store SP|01, AABBCDE, 15, 3 SP|01, AABBCDE, 14, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 13, 2 SP|01, AABBCDE, 16, 3 SP|02, AABBCED, 15, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 12, 3 SP|01, AABBCDD,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremy589
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find common values in python list in ordered format

Hello All, There are various codes available to find the intersection between two sets in python. But my case is the following: I want to find the continual common pattern in different lists compared to list1. (i have underlined the longest common patterns in set a and set b) a = 2, 3, 5,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
1 Replies
GIT-REPLACE(1)							    Git Manual							    GIT-REPLACE(1)

NAME
git-replace - Create, list, delete refs to replace objects SYNOPSIS
git replace [-f] <object> <replacement> git replace -d <object>... git replace -l [<pattern>] DESCRIPTION
Adds a replace reference in refs/replace/ namespace. The name of the replace reference is the SHA-1 of the object that is replaced. The content of the replace reference is the SHA-1 of the replacement object. Unless -f is given, the replace reference must not yet exist. Replacement references will be used by default by all Git commands except those doing reachability traversal (prune, pack transfer and fsck). It is possible to disable use of replacement references for any command using the --no-replace-objects option just after git. For example if commit foo has been replaced by commit bar: $ git --no-replace-objects cat-file commit foo shows information about commit foo, while: $ git cat-file commit foo shows information about commit bar. The GIT_NO_REPLACE_OBJECTS environment variable can be set to achieve the same effect as the --no-replace-objects option. OPTIONS
-f If an existing replace ref for the same object exists, it will be overwritten (instead of failing). -d Delete existing replace refs for the given objects. -l <pattern> List replace refs for objects that match the given pattern (or all if no pattern is given). Typing "git replace" without arguments, also lists all replace refs. BUGS
Comparing blobs or trees that have been replaced with those that replace them will not work properly. And using git reset --hard to go back to a replaced commit will move the branch to the replacement commit instead of the replaced commit. There may be other problems when using git rev-list related to pending objects. And of course things may break if an object of one type is replaced by an object of another type (for example a blob replaced by a commit). SEE ALSO
git-tag(1) git-branch(1) git(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-REPLACE(1)