Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SQL Query in Shell Script output formatting Post 302876845 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 26th of November 2013 11:30:11 PM
Old 11-27-2013
Try echo "$reslt" | dos2unix

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in reading a output of a sql query in unix script

i'm used a sql query in a unix script to get the information from table. but unable to extract the output which i need. Any help with logic will be greatly appreciated. my sql query provide output some thing like this - col1 col2 count ---- ---- ------ A B 10 c D 6 e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

query sql using shell script

query sql using shell script, is it possible? my friend told me to do a file.sql and link to my shell script, but can i query sql using shell script? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the query output using shell script

Hi All, I'm finding it difficult to format the query output that was returned in a shell script. Actually i have one shell script which does some DB stuff and depending on the result it will do some more tasks. My question here is to format the query output returned by mysql. Intitally my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql select command output formatting in shell script

Hi, I need to connect to the database and retrieve two variables from the database and store them in a variable,out of these two variables I need to get lastdigit appended to the variable 1 retrieved and variable 2 with out any modification in short select var,data from usage; o/p=... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in formatting output of SQL query in excel sheet in shell script

Hi Guys.. Need your help to format the output of my shell script. I am using spool command to take out put in csv file. below is my code. (for example) col USERNAME for a15 col EMAIL for a30 col FULL_NAME for a20 col LAST_LOGIN for a40 col DATE_CREATED for a40 SPOOL 120.csv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agupte
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Sql query through shell script

hey , i am using this code to store value of a sql query and and then use it in other query but after some time , but it is not working. please help #!/bin/bash val_1=$( sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 << EOF setting heading off select max(stat_id) from cvt_stats; exit EOF ) nohup... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in UNIX script - output in flat file

Hi, I never did this before... what I want to do is execute a SQL query from a unix script and redirect sql query's output to a flat file (comma separated one) without the header info (no column names). I would also want not to print the query's output to the screen. snapshot of my script:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text

I want to run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text (delimited text would be comma) Code: SPOOL_FILE=/pgedw/dan.txt SQL=/pgedw/dan.sql sqlplus -s username/password@myhost:port/servicename <<EOF set head on set COLSEP , set linesize 32767 SET TRIMSPOOL ON SET... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaganjag
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script appending output of sql query

I am writing the following script to create the file v_out.txt. sqlplus -s /nolog << EOF CONNECT scott/tiger@orcl; whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode; set newpage 0; SET PAGESIZE 0; SET ECHO OFF; SET FEEDBACK OFF; SET HEADING OFF; SET VERIFY OFF; SET LINESIZE 100; set tab off; set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzkashi
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies
dos2unix(1)							   User Commands						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - convert text file from DOS format to ISO format SYNOPSIS
dos2unix [-ascii] [-iso] [-7] [-437 | -850 | -860 | -863 | -865] originalfile convertedfile DESCRIPTION
The dos2unix utility converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard characters. This command can be invoked from either DOS or SunOS. However, the filenames must conform to the conventions of the environment in which the command is invoked. If the original file and the converted file are the same, dos2unix will rewrite the original file after converting it. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -ascii Removes extra carriage returns and converts end of file characters in DOS format text files to conform to SunOS require- ments. -iso This is the default. It converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard charac- ters. -7 Converts 8 bit DOS graphics characters to 7 bit space characters so that SunOS can read the file. On non-i386 systems, dos2unix will attempt to obtain the keyboard type to determine which code page to use. Otherwise, the default is US. The user may override the code page with one of the following options: -437 Use US code page -850 Use multilingual code page -860 Use Portuguese code page -863 Use French Canadian code page -865 Use Danish code page OPERANDS
The following operands are required: originalfile The original file in DOS format that is being converted to ISO format. convertedfile The new file in ISO format that has been converted from the original DOS file format. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1), ls(1), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
File filename not found, or no read permission The input file you specified does not exist, or you do not have read permission. Check with the SunOS command, ls -l (see ls(1)). Bad output filename filename, or no write permission The output file you specified is either invalid, or you do not have write permission for that file or the directory that contains it. Check also that the drive or diskette is not write-protected. Error while writing to temporary file An error occurred while converting your file, possibly because there is not enough space on the current drive. Check the amount of space on the current drive using the DIR command. Also be certain that the default diskette or drive is write-enabled (not write-pro- tected). Notice that when this error occurs, the original file remains intact. Translated temporary file name = filename. Could not rename temporary file to filename. The program could not perform the final step in converting your file. Your converted file is stored under the name indicated on the second line of this message. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 2000 dos2unix(1)