Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Connecting to UNIX from Windows without using putty Post 302876178 by varathaneie on Friday 22nd of November 2013 06:45:42 AM
Old 11-22-2013
How do i connect when i want to do automation which involves connecting from windows(win 7) to unix?

I believe FTP will not let us run any UNIX commands for our automation

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting to windows from unix

how to connect to windows from unix??? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemant30
7 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Connecting UNIX to Windows

Is there a way to connect to Windows from UNIX. From Windows to UNIX, there is a putty that can be used. Is putty also possible to use to connect? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: punyenye
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting windows remotely from unix using SSH

Hi Can someone giv me some knowledge on accesing windows from unix and executing DOS scripts using SSH I would like to know how to go abt it...am new to it. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmis10
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

connecting to Unix from windows - help

Hello, I have a requirement like - I need to connect to specific Unix machine.That machine authenticates the user who is logging in. I am accessing from XP machine. Is possible to supply the Username & Password along with Host name and port, from Windows command prompt? If so how? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cassiel
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use putty problems in windows

Hello all, I have encountered a strange question. I installed a Ubuntu 8.10 in the VMware in the XP, and use putty to connect to ubuntu. Everything is fun except I can't use the wget in putty, neither does command "sudo apt-get ***". But they are OK in the VM. Can someone help me out? Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startX windows application during boot.....putty connection takes the windows

Dear all i am new to linux/debian i run my application on the computer...during startup in bashrc i wrk wid dis script to invoke startx..i do this above command and it works perfectly... if && ; then startx -- -br 1>/dev/null exit 0 fi i use winscp for file transfer and putty for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_330
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting to an ssh session with putty/bash.

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question but I couldnt spot another obvious forum for it. I have a windows shortcut which opens up a saved session in putty. From this session I then ssh to another remote server. I was wondering is there a way that I can either edit my shortcut... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb1000
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Network error: No route to host" While connecting guest RHEL4 using putty

Hi, I have installed RHEL4 using vmware workstation.. Host OS: Windows XP Guest OS: RHEL4 Pls refer step 17 & 18 in below link... ORACLE-BASE - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and Centos 4 Installation 1) If i choose to assign IP automatically (using DHCP) means, i am able to connect RHEL4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can we build a tool for Windows to retrieve data from UNIX servers (putty console)

Hi Friends, Is it possible to build a windows tool ( a java applet maybe? ) which can retrieve data and display after performing certain commands on unix servers ( simple grep / script output) after logging into putty console. I am on a company server so please bear that in mind. I might have... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
23 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows server from UNIX through script

I am trying to connect to a Windows server say 10.1.1.10. This servers has a folder named RAJ in which there are multiple .zip files. All these zip files contain a text file called XYZ.txt. Now i have to merge the content of these XYZ.txt files from each of the .zip file and create a new text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapniljadav
1 Replies
PEV(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PEV(1)

NAME
pev - show information about MS-Windows excutables files SYNOPSIS
pev [OPTION]... file DESCRIPTION
Make an analysis and show useful information of PE32/PE32+ file given. OPTIONS
-A, --all Equivalent to -cdhoprs. This is the default action if none is specified. -c, --coff Show the COFF file header. -d, --dos Show the DOS file header. -h, --help Show usage and exit. -o, --optional Show the Optional (a.k.a. PE) file header. -p, --product-version Show the Product Version (if added by programmer/compiler) of PE file. -r, --resources Show first level resource items information. -s, --sections Show information about executable sections. -v, --version Show version and exit. EXAMPLES
To get only the Product Version of putty.exe file: $ pev -p putty.exe To show DOS and COFF file headers of cards.dll: $ pev -dc cards.dll Display all possible information about svchost.exe file: $ pev svchost.exe AUTHOR
Written by Coding 40o group REPORTING BUGS
Report pev bugs at http://sourceforge.net/p/pev/tickets/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Coding 40o. Licensed GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. PEV(1)