Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Call a Perl script within a bash script and store the ouput in a .txt file Post 302876102 by mecaka on Thursday 21st of November 2013 05:22:26 PM
Old 11-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
I see no / in front of home there, which means it starts looking for 'home' in the current directory, not in the root folder.

Try ~/"rest of path" instead of $HOME
Thank you, but this did not work. The error is exactly the same as before.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Perl script to work with txt - Permissions script

Hi I have this code, and i want work with a ls -shalR output in .txt What i need read to do this?? Where start? #!/usr/bin/perl # Allrights- A perl tool for making backups of file permissions # Copyright (C) 2005 Norbert Klein <norbert@acodedb.com> # This program is free... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joangopan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi script to call bash script?

Novice to perl here. I have created a simple web page in perl, with only one submit button. I would like to execute a bash script on the same server when this button is clicked on. Is this possible in perl? I have spent a few days researching this and am unable to find any useful information.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pleonard
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a bash script using perl

Hi I m new to perl. I m trying to write a perl script that calls a bash script; does anyone have a script already that they can provide or help me out? Thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adnan786
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to sort a txt file

I am writing a script to write to and a sort txt file. After I sort the file I want to add 2 to each line of the file. My script thus far is #!/bin/bash cat > /ramdisk/home/stux/unsortedints.out COUNT=0 FILE =/ramdisk/home/stux/unsortedints.out for i in {1..100} do NUMBER = $ echo $NUMBER... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttyirc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to call perl script problems

Ok, don't ask me why, but all calls to perl must be called by a shell script. Its really not ideal, but its what I have to work with. Calling it isnt the issue, its passing in the arguments. I have about 1000 perl scripts to call by a shell script. Right now, I'm executing the shell script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: regexnub
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a bash command from within a perl script?

In a bash script, one can call a perl command in the following manner, where "myperlcommand" is a perl command. perl -e 'myperlcommand(arguments)' perl -e 'print("UUUU"x4)' Now, how can one call a bash command from within a perl script? (Suppose that mybashcommand is a bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LessNux
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write pid and command name to a txt file while executing a bash script

Hi All, Just have a requirement, I am executing a bash shell script, my requirement is to catch the pid and job name to a txt file in the same directory, is there anyway to do it? please help me out. Regards Rahul ---------- Post updated at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkalra9
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help: Shell script to call sql session with variables stored in .txt file

Hi, I need help in writing a shell script which can read data from a text file (Cancel_ID.txt) and then calls sqlplus session (Cancel.sql) with the first line parameter of the text file ("0322600453") till all rows are not completed. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khan28
4 Replies

10. Programming

Writing a UNIX shell script to call a C function and redirecting data to a .txt file

Hi, I am complete new to C programming and shell scripting. I just wrote a simple C code to calculate integral using trapezoid rule. I am prompting user to pass me No. of equally spaced points , N , upper and lower limit. My code looks as follows so far: #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhjh
2 Replies
INSTALL-MH(8)							     [nmh-1.5]							     INSTALL-MH(8)

NAME
install-mh - initialize the nmh environment SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/install-mh [-auto] [-check] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Install-mh is the nmh program to create the initial setup for a first-time nmh user. Install-mh lives in two places for historical rea- sons. The -auto option does things as automatically as possible and makes install-mh less chatty. The user is asked for the name of the directory that will be designated as the user's nmh directory. If this directory does not exist, the user is asked if it should be created. Normally, this directory should be under the user's home directory, and has the default name of ``Mail''. Install-mh writes an initial .mh_profile for the user. As with all nmh commands, install-mh first checks for the existence of the $MH environment variable since that gives the profile path if set. If it isn't set, the $HOME environment variable is consulted to determine the user's home directory. If $HOME is not set, then the /etc/passwd file is consulted. When creating the users initial .mh_profile, install-mh will check for the existence of a global profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile. If found, this will be used to initialize the new .mh_profile. The -check option can be used to check whether or not nmh has been installed. This can be used by other programs to determine whether or not nmh has been installed without their having to know the internals of nmh. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile Used to initialize user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To set the user's nmh directory CONTEXT
With -auto, the current folder is changed to "inbox". MH.6.8 11 June 2012 INSTALL-MH(8)