Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing Post 302876035 by gw1500se on Thursday 21st of November 2013 01:00:25 PM
Old 11-21-2013
Thanks again for the reply. It must be but the issue I think is 64 bit vs 32 bit library. I can't find the 32 bit libraries.
Code:
Name        : python-libs                  Relocations: (not relocatable)                                            
Version     : 2.4.3                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.                                                
Release     : 46.el5                        Build Date: Thu 22 Dec 2011 12:13:59 PM EST                              
Install Date: Tue 28 May 2013 12:13:55 PM EDT      Build Host: x86-001.build.bos.redhat.com                          
Group       : Applications/System           Source RPM: python-2.4.3-46.el5.src.rpm                                  
Size        : 22010716                         License: PSF - see LICENSE                                            
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 18 Jan 2012 06:30:09 AM EST, Key ID 5326810137017186                                     
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>                                                    
URL         : http://www.python.org/
Summary     : The libraries for python runtime
Description :
The python interpreter can be embedded into applications wanting to
use python as an embedded scripting language.  The python-libs package
provides the libraries needed for this.

Last edited by gw1500se; 11-21-2013 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: Correction

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what am I missing?

I have the following portion of a script Check() { echo "\n\nChecking that all constraints are Enabled" echo "..." sleep 2 CHECK_COUNT='sqlplus -s $1 <<-EOSQL4 set feed off pause off pages 0 head off; set linesize 150 echo off; select count(*) from user_constraints where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zelp
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Missing Package

Hi All, I have a server running SunOS 5.9, on this I need to install Oracle 10g; however the installer returns ERROR: Unable to convert from "UTF-8" to "646" for NLS! Did some digging around and found that I need the SUNWuiu8 package. However I'm not sure where I can download the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zak
1 Replies

3. Solaris

missing libsunmath.so.1

Hi, I have an application which requires libsunmath.so.1, however; my os version seems to be missing this file (find from root level did not return anything). Version: SunOS 5.10 where can I get this file? thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orahi001
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Missing dependencies updating unixODBC / MySQL Connector

I have installed mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.5-0.i386.rpm and libtools on my Fedora12 system. Updating with yum says that there is nothing to update. Updating with rpm -Uvh mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.7-0.i386.rpm fails with the same missing dependencies as for the 64-bit version. Should I force... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bengbers
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libjvm.so missing?

Hi I get this error message. Error: failed /usr/openv/java/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so, because libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I tried doing the yum install libstdc but it didn't find any thing. Any of you know how to install this on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[: missing `]'

Hi, I am getting this error while running the following code. i=`awk '{print $2}' test1.txt` j=`awk '{print $4}' test1.txt` k=`awk '{print $6}' test1.txt` if ; then echo "Up." else echo "down" fi rm -f test.txt test1.txt error is this: line 12: ' Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Difference in conflict resolving between yum and rpm installs

Hi Guys, I am trying to test installation of a local rpm to my RHEL5 server. I am expecting it to fail as a previous version of the same package name exists. On using rpm -i this behaves as expected but yum install does not pick up the conflict. Here is the element of my SPEC file with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
5 Replies

8. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

9. AIX

Path missing???

Hi, I not familiar with MPIO pathing those stuffs! Can any one please tell me ONE FC card can hold how many paths? I have a stand alone server, where TWO fc card has been configured, In one card i am getting ie., fsci0 im getting 4paths Another card i am getting ie., fsci2 im gettin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Yum install ClamAV missing libraries

Hello, I'm currently following a tutorial for ClamAV with a lambda function. The tutorial has a shell script with the following: #!/usr/bin/env bash set -e LAMBDA_FILE="lambda.zip" rm -f ${LAMBDA_FILE} mkdir -p clamav echo "-- Downloading AmazonLinux container --" docker pull... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ottorocket18
1 Replies
repo-rss(1)															       repo-rss(1)

NAME
repo-rss - generates an RSS feed from one or more Yum repositories SYNOPSIS
repo-rss [options] repoid1 [repoid2...] DESCRIPTION
repo-rss is a program for generating RSS feeds for one or more Yum repositories. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Help; display a help message and then quit. -f <file> Specify the file to which the RSS will be written. Default is repo-rss.xml. -l <link> Specify the URL to the RSS feed. Default is http://yum.baseurl.org/. -t <title> Specify the title for the RSS feed. Default is "RSS Repository - Recent Packages". -d <description> Specify the description of the RSS feed. Default is "Most recent packages in Repositories". -r <days> Specify the number of days to consider most recent. Default is 3. --tempcache Enable the use of a temporary directory for the yum cache. This is enabled by default for non-root users. EXAMPLES
Generate an RSS for the updates-released repository and save it as updates-release.xml: repo-rss -f updates-released.xml updates-released FILES
As repo-rss uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which reposi- tories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Seth Vidal 2005 repo-rss(1)