Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing Post 302875977 by gw1500se on Thursday 21st of November 2013 09:15:09 AM
Old 11-21-2013
Doh!!!! How did I not notice that? Thanks.

---------- Post updated at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:54 AM ----------

Rats!!! Same problem but just 1 dependency.
Code:
sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el5-1.i386.rpm
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Setting up Local Package Process
Examining /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el5-1.i386.rpm: VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el5-1.i386
Marking /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el5-1.i386.rpm to be installed
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package VirtualBox-4.3.i386 0:4.3.2_90405_el5-1 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: libpython2.4.so.1.0 for package: VirtualBox-4.3
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el5-1.i386 from /VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el5-1.i386 has depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: libpython2.4.so.1.0 is needed by package VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el5-1.i386 (/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el5-1.i386)

Packages skipped because of dependency problems:
    VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el5-1.i386 from /VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el5-1.i386

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what am I missing?

I have the following portion of a script Check() { echo "\n\nChecking that all constraints are Enabled" echo "..." sleep 2 CHECK_COUNT='sqlplus -s $1 <<-EOSQL4 set feed off pause off pages 0 head off; set linesize 150 echo off; select count(*) from user_constraints where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zelp
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Missing Package

Hi All, I have a server running SunOS 5.9, on this I need to install Oracle 10g; however the installer returns ERROR: Unable to convert from "UTF-8" to "646" for NLS! Did some digging around and found that I need the SUNWuiu8 package. However I'm not sure where I can download the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zak
1 Replies

3. Solaris

missing libsunmath.so.1

Hi, I have an application which requires libsunmath.so.1, however; my os version seems to be missing this file (find from root level did not return anything). Version: SunOS 5.10 where can I get this file? thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orahi001
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Missing dependencies updating unixODBC / MySQL Connector

I have installed mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.5-0.i386.rpm and libtools on my Fedora12 system. Updating with yum says that there is nothing to update. Updating with rpm -Uvh mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.7-0.i386.rpm fails with the same missing dependencies as for the 64-bit version. Should I force... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bengbers
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libjvm.so missing?

Hi I get this error message. Error: failed /usr/openv/java/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so, because libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I tried doing the yum install libstdc but it didn't find any thing. Any of you know how to install this on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[: missing `]'

Hi, I am getting this error while running the following code. i=`awk '{print $2}' test1.txt` j=`awk '{print $4}' test1.txt` k=`awk '{print $6}' test1.txt` if ; then echo "Up." else echo "down" fi rm -f test.txt test1.txt error is this: line 12: ' Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Difference in conflict resolving between yum and rpm installs

Hi Guys, I am trying to test installation of a local rpm to my RHEL5 server. I am expecting it to fail as a previous version of the same package name exists. On using rpm -i this behaves as expected but yum install does not pick up the conflict. Here is the element of my SPEC file with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
5 Replies

8. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

9. AIX

Path missing???

Hi, I not familiar with MPIO pathing those stuffs! Can any one please tell me ONE FC card can hold how many paths? I have a stand alone server, where TWO fc card has been configured, In one card i am getting ie., fsci0 im getting 4paths Another card i am getting ie., fsci2 im gettin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Yum install ClamAV missing libraries

Hello, I'm currently following a tutorial for ClamAV with a lambda function. The tutorial has a shell script with the following: #!/usr/bin/env bash set -e LAMBDA_FILE="lambda.zip" rm -f ${LAMBDA_FILE} mkdir -p clamav echo "-- Downloading AmazonLinux container --" docker pull... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ottorocket18
1 Replies
YUM-CHANGELOG(1)						   User Manuals 						  YUM-CHANGELOG(1)

NAME
yum-changelog SYNOPSIS
The yum-changelog package DESCRIPTION
yum-changelog(1) is a Yum plugin for viewing package changelogs before/after updating. yum will invoke yum-changelog(1) plugin if the --changelog option or the changelog command is used with yum. OPTIONS
--changelog Show changelog delta of updated packages COMMANDS
changelog Show changelog data of packages listed (same format as the list command). The first argument is required and is either "all" for all the changelog entries, a date for the changelog entries since a specified point in time or a number for a given number of changelog entries. FILES
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/changelog.conf The system wide configuration file. See yum-changelog.conf(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
# yum changelog 2008-Jan yum* Listing changelogs since: 2008-01-18 yum-versionlock-1.1.11-1.fc8.noarch installed * Wed Jan 30 17:00:00 2008 Tim Lauridsen <timlau@fedoraproject.org> - mark as 1.1.11 changelog stats. 33 pkgs, 12 source pkgs, 1 changelog # yum update ktechlab --changelog Loading "changelog" plugin Setting up Update Process Setting up repositories [..] Resolving Dependencies --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait. ---> Package ktechlab.i386 0:0.3-6 set to be updated --> Running transaction check Changes in packages about to be updated: ktechlab - 0.3-6.i386 * Wed Nov 22 23:00:00 2006 Chitlesh Goorah - 0.3-6 - Rebuilt due to new gpsim-devel release BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. AVAILABILITY
yum-changelog is available via: # yum install yum-changelog AUTHORS
Chitlesh Goorah <chitlesh@fedoraproject.org> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@laiskiainen.org> James Antill <james@and.org> SEE ALSO
yum(1) 08 February 2007 YUM-CHANGELOG(1)