Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to send keyboard inputs toa UNIX command executed from a shell script? Post 302874703 by Sree10 on Saturday 16th of November 2013 11:55:59 AM
Old 11-16-2013
How to send keyboard inputs toa UNIX command executed from a shell script?

I have a unix command that prompts for 'y'. How do I run this from my shell script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script couldn't be executed. Pls help!

I have wrriten a script to call sql script to do some work in database. However, the script couldn't be executed. The only information was: ksh: ./updt_attrib.ksh cannot execute. Please help me to identify where the problem is. I post script here for your reference. Thanks a lot. #!/bin/ksh ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix shell Script To Send SMS

hi , can anyone help with a script to send SMS to some mobile numbers on some conditions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdcoms
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - why is the shell script executed before the print command?

i'm writing some simple scripts to help me learn perl. why does the print command get called after the shell script is executed? the purpose of the shell script is to simply echo to the screen "script run". which is does, but before the print command, you can clearly see the shell script is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help how replace stardard keyboard inputs by arguments at run time of a script

Hello Everybody, Please help. I was trying to automate the use of a third-party given shell script. The script is written to be used at run-time to collect a few variables to be provided by the user through key board, in the fashion as below: ./runcommand please provide a file name to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dingrong
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email once a day at certain time in unix shell script

hi, i have to send an email once a day at ceratin time say 22. i have tried with date commad, but not working.:( HOUROFTHEDAY=`date +'%H'` if ; then mailx -s "Info" emailid@org.com < $ProcessStatisticsFile fi Please help me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
5 Replies

6. Programming

Some error with number of keyboard inputs occured with this code for reversing a string..

i used a two-way linked list "node" for the code:: #include<stdio.h> #include<malloc.h> void insert(); void reverse(); struct node { char c; struct node *next; struct node *back; }*start=NULL; int main() { int n,i; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mscoder
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass send command in shell script

I am trying to automate a testcase . I am installing some software and it waits for user input after displaying "Do you want to continue ? " I am trying to do this in shell scripting. #!/bin/bash #!/usr/bin/expect -f /usr/bin/expect << EOF spawn apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk expect "*Do you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abdul Navaz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command not getting executed in shell script

I am able to execute awk command from shell prompt. but the same command is not getting executed when written and run in a bash script the command from bash cmd prompt. awk '/world/{for (i=2; i<NF; i++) printf $i " "; print $NF}1' myfile >tmp$$ ; mv tmp$$ myfile file: # hello world my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashima jain
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Shell Script to Remove MongoDB Document-Based on Many inputs

Here I am in a position to write a Unix Shell script(.sh) to remove MongoDB collection documents. I know how to remove based on a condition like below and it works for me. eval 'db.Collection.remove({TimeStamp:{$lte: "'$var'"}}) But I need to change the remove statement based on a new parameter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthilmadhanT
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to check a command executed sucessfully or not

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script to check if a command executed successfully or not in rhel 7 and finding the installed tomcat version. I am using below script. var4=$(find / -name "catalina.jar" ! -size 0 |egrep -v... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
6 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)