Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printer Drivers for AIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Printer Drivers for AIX Post 302874699 by ideprize on Saturday 16th of November 2013 11:46:08 AM
Old 11-16-2013
Printer Drivers for AIX

Hi to all
Trying to find printer HP drivers for AIX version 7. HP.com only references Unix. Have drivers on an older IBM system Risc 6000, AIX 4.3, but not sure where the "tar" file exists for the printer collection. The new IBM I am trying to setup is a 710 Express Server. The printer is a HP Laserjet 2035n. It currently works fine using a HP 4000 driver installed on the Risc 6000 system. Any suggestions along with instructions would be greatly appreciated.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Printer Drivers for HP-UX

Where can i find drivers of the printers HPLaserJet 3150 and HP DesckJet 640 for HP-UNIX, because I have difficulties printing from oracle9 Data Base on printers of this type connected to PC's running windows in the network using Winlpd. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Printer drivers.

Hi, I have a solaris 10 server that I have set up a number of printers on which are working fine. I have set these up from the print manager and used the default list of printers available within print manager to set them up. There is two or three printers I need to set up which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
1 Replies

3. AIX

Adding New HP Printer Drivers

I am using AIX ver 5.2 and would like to add an hp3050 printer, which is not one of the printers listed on our system in the add a new print queue section of smit. I thought that I had found the correct driver on the hp website, but now it appears as that may only be for hp or solaris systems. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DavidG9975
1 Replies

4. AIX

Where to find printer drivers for AIX 5.x

I was wondering if somebody knew of a website where printer drivers can be downloaded for AIX 5.3. Most of our printers are HP and the driver that is installed works properly. As of lately, our users have started to get other type of printers, including Multi-purpose devices. I am struggling to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabiogilr
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Samba printer drivers.

I placed a cheap USB printer on my small Seagate Goflex home NAS (firmware replaced by standard Debian Linux install) and shared it with Samba. In CUPS I set it as RAW format and Windows clients need to install a driver to print to it. I could install drivers on the Linux machine; in fact I did... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutronscott
3 Replies
captoinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual						      captoinfo(1)

NAME
captoinfo - convert a termcap description into a terminfo description SYNOPSIS
captoinfo [-vn width] [-V] [-1] [-w width] file . . . DESCRIPTION
captoinfo looks in file for termcap descriptions. For each one found, an equivalent terminfo description is written to standard output. Termcap tc capabilities are translated directly to terminfo use capabilities. If no file is given, then the environment variable TERMCAP is used for the filename or entry. If TERMCAP is a full pathname to a file, only the terminal whose name is specified in the environment variable TERM is extracted from that file. If the environment variable TERM- CAP is not set, then the file /usr/share/terminfo is read. -v print out tracing information on standard error as the program runs. -V print out the version of the program in use on standard error and exit. -1 cause the fields to print out one to a line. Otherwise, the fields will be printed several to a line to a maximum width of 60 charac- ters. -w change the output to width characters. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo Compiled terminal description database. TRANSLATIONS FROM NONSTANDARD CAPABILITIES
Some obsolete nonstandard capabilities will automatically be translated into standard (SVr4/XSI Curses) terminfo capabilities by captoinfo. Whenever one of these automatic translations is done, the program will issue an notification to stderr, inviting the user to check that it has not mistakenly translated a completely unknown and random capability and/or syntax error. XENIX termcap also used to have a set of extension capabilities for forms drawing, designed to take advantage of the IBM PC high-half graphics. They were as follows: If the single-line capabilities occur in an entry, they will automatically be composed into an acsc string. The double-line capabilities and GG are discarded with a warning message. IBM's AIX has a terminfo facility descended from SVr1 terminfo but incompatible with the SVr4 format. The following AIX extensions are automatically translated: Additionally, the AIX box1 capability will be automatically translated to an acsc string. Hewlett-Packard's terminfo library supports two nonstandard terminfo capabilities meml (memory lock) and memu (memory unlock). These will be discarded with a warning message. NOTES
This utility is actually a link to tic(1), running in -I mode. You can use other tic options such as -f and -x. The trace option is not identical to SVr4's. Under SVr4, instead of following the -v with a trace level n, you repeat it n times. SEE ALSO
infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5) This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com> captoinfo(1)