Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change) Post 302874431 by flako on Friday 15th of November 2013 08:36:24 AM
Old 11-15-2013
How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello
I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller .
The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver)
What I'm doing is starting a Sco Unix 5.0.5 guest (called VM-B ) installed from the beginning (to use blc driver), then the second record mount as physical pc (generated with dd) .
For reference call diskB: VM-B guest disk and diskA : used by VM-A (generated with the dd command from the physical computer ).
The steps performed are:

mount /dev/rootmay /mnt/rootmay # mount diskA
mount /dev/bootmay /mnt/rootmay/stand # mount of diskA boot
chroot /mnt/rootmay /bin/sh # chroot on diskA
mkdir fd0
mount / dev/fd0 / fd0
/etc/btldinstall /fd0 # I install driver blc

edit /etc/conf/cf.d/mscsi of the form:
blc Srom 0 1 0 0
blc Sdsk 0 0 0 0

These steps have made ​​reading and collecting things in different forums , I'm not sure if they are all necessary steps are correct or if all (I have been layered to find documentation )
Like something strange , the file /etc/default/scsihas in diskA no line ' blc " BusLogic Multi Master Adapters" ' but diskB if so, what makes me assume that I'm doing things right ,
Then when I start the VM-B (primcipal diskA y secondary diskB) seems to start the kernel VM-A because I changed the name of the hostname , but will not let me login (as it starts inconsistent and buggy)

when I start the VM- A, still fails stating the eror :

WARNING : no root disk controller hd
H iinit
Panic: srmountfun - Error 19 mounting rootdev ( 1/42 )
Error 19 opening dumpdev ( 1/41 )
Dump not completed

What am I doing wrong? you can change the driver blc alad by the way I'm doing ?

Thanks for getting up here ..
(apologies for using translate.google.com )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Ip Addresses With Hardware Change

I have 2 identical printers with the same IP on my network. One is only used as a backup for the primary printer and both are never on line at the same time. The goal was to always keep only 1 on and have an use the other printer as an immediate backup if necessary. But when I switch the cable I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: golfs4us
4 Replies

2. SCO

ultra 320 scsi raid controller driver for sco 5.0.6

I am facing a problem to install sco 5.0.6 in Dell Power Edge SC1420 which raid controller is ultra 320 scsi raid controller . how/from where to download the ultra 320 scsi raid controller driver for sco 5.0.6. Plz help with any idea karzon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karzon
1 Replies

3. SCO

driver needed for hp smartarry p200i sas raid controller

recently we have purchased hp proliant ml350 g5 server and configured raid 5 with hp smartarray p200i sas controller.but i could not found any sas raid controller hp smartarry p200i driver for sco unix 5.0.7 :(.i searched on hp support site,but no use.any one can help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakrithi
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba change domain controller

Hello people i have a samba and they changed domain controller from a windows 2003 to a windows 2008, there is a problem with the version of samba maybe incompatibilities i dont know what show me this domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user xxxx in domain xxxx to Domain... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

5. SCO

Change Disk controller in SCO 6.0.0

So today I tried to upgrade a customer from a Proliant with an HPSAS controller to an Intel server with a MEGASAS controller. First, I downloaded the megasas driver from SCO and installed it on the old system. Then I created a new Microlite Edge emergency boot cd with the new driver on it. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
2 Replies

6. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

C - IP change during a hardware refresh?

Hi All, I was told to perform analysis for IP change during a hardware refresh? Does the IP change when a hardware refresh is performed? if Yes, why? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: visitsany
5 Replies

9. Linux

How to change ODBC Driver Manager?

Hi Forum. I have been searching this information for a while but to no avail. I'm running the following command odbcinst -j on a Linux box and get the following: unixODBC 2.3.0 DRIVERS............: //opt/Progress/DataDirect/Connect64_for_ODBC_71/odbcinst.ini SYSTEM DATA SOURCES:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

10. SCO

SCO OS 6 Driver for LSIL SAS1064E Raid Controller

Hi all, A client has an SCO OpenServer Server 6.0, that is running on an HP ProLiant Box and they lost the root password. Its equipped with a Doal-Core Intel Pentium Processor. They don't have any media or emergency disk anymore. I tried to boot with the CD Rom, then "Tools", then exit to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thm2222
7 Replies
do_config(9r)															     do_config(9r)

NAME
do_config - EISA/ISA: Initializes the device to its assigned configuration SYNOPSIS
void do_config( struct controller *ctlr_p ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies a pointer to the controller structure associated with the controller to be configured. The do_config routine obtains the device to initialize through its controller's associated controller structure pointer. DESCRIPTION
The do_config routine initializes the specified controller based on its power-up resource assignments. If the device uses either an inter- rupt or a DMA channel, then do_config also performs any setup requirements. For example, for controllers that connect to the EISA bus, do_config initializes the controller according to the parameters specified in the EISA configuration file. NOTES
The do_config routine is a generic interface that maps to a bus-specific interface that actually initializes the specified device. Using this routine to initialize a device makes the driver more portable across different bus architectures. Not all buses support the do_config routine. RETURN VALUES
None SEE ALSO
Routines: get_config(9r), get_info(9r) Data Structures: controller(9s) do_config(9r)