Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To Tar files which are not present Post 302873937 by Scott on Wednesday 13th of November 2013 01:07:56 PM
Old 11-13-2013
And, as I said, if 3.csv doesn't exist, it will be excluded.
Code:
$ echo "a.csv
b.csv
c.csv" > files.txt

$ touch a.csv b.csv

$ ls -l
total 8
drwxr-xr-x  5 scott  staff  170 Nov 13 19:03 .
drwxr-xr-x  5 scott  staff  170 Nov 13 18:48 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 scott  staff    0 Nov 13 19:03 a.csv
-rw-r--r--  1 scott  staff    0 Nov 13 19:03 b.csv
-rw-r--r--  1 scott  staff   18 Nov 13 19:02 files.txt

$ tar cvf test.tar -T files.txt 2> /dev/null

$ tar tvf test.tar
-rw-r--r--  0 scott  staff       0 Nov 13 19:03 a.csv
-rw-r--r--  0 scott  staff       0 Nov 13 19:03 b.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: print if files present

FOR: Windows NT 4 I want perl to read a directory. there is suposed to be two files in the folder ( file1.ini and file2.ini ) and i want perl to print "Files present" or "Files NOT present" to a text document ( report.txt ) how do i do it.? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a Tar of multiple Files in Unix and FTP the tar to Windows.

Hi, On my Unix Server in my directory, I have 70 files distributed in the following directories (which have several other files too). These files include C Source Files, Shell Script Source Files, Binary Files, Object Files. a) /usr/users/oracle/bin b) /usr/users/oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check whether 3 files are present

I'm trying to check whether 3 files are existing and send 3 files as attachements. If only two are there then send those two files as attachments. if ; then elif ; then I tired the above given syntax and then it is giving me an error line 11: ' I tried with -a instead of && and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celvin VK
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search a word in a file present in tar file

i need to search a word in the tar file. if it is present just give me the file name please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: junkbuster
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all the files in the present path and Folders and subfolders files also

Hi, I need a script/command to list out all the files in current path and also the files in folder and subfolders. Ex: My files are like below $ ls -lrt total 8 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc users 419 May 25 10:27 abcd.xml drwxr-xr-x 3 abc users 4096 May 25 10:28 TEST $ Under TEST, there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking in a directory how many files are present and basing on that merge all the files

Hi, My requirement is,there is a directory location like: :camp/current/ In this location there can be different flat files that are generated in a single day with same header and the data will be different, differentiated by timestamp, so i need to verify how many files are generated... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two numbers which present in two different files

Hi, I need to compare the two floating or integer numbers which present in two different files, Ex: File 1: col1 col2 col3 11 ssa 13.60 12 ssb 11.00 13 ssc 754.00 File 2:col1 col2 col3 11 sa 12.75 12 sb 11.00 13 sc 763.00 here i have to compare 3 column if 1st column match,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining files present in different directories.

Hi Experts, I have files Bank1 ,Bank2 ,Bank3 with high level customer information in one folder. /home/Cust_information/ Bank1,Bank2,Bank3,Bank4 The detail level information of all customers of each Bank are present in separate directories . Here Bank1 is a directory which contains set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathbangalor
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip all the files with subdirectories present and append a part of string from the main .zip files

Hi frnds, My requirement is I have a zip file with name say eg: test_ABC_UH_ccde2a_awdeaea_20150422.zip within that there are subdirectories on each directory we again have .zip files and in that we have files like mama20150422.gz and so on. Iam in need of a bash script so that it unzips... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
0 Replies