Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris x86 guest in vmware workstation Post 302873807 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 13th of November 2013 07:20:43 AM
Old 11-13-2013
Thanks for posting the solution.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to install Sun Solaris 10 inside VMware Workstation 5.5

Some members asked about this way, click Here u will find what u want (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sound Of Wisdom
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to get Solaris 8 x86 (32 bits) ethernet up on Vmware 6.x.x?

Hello professional, I am using Solaris 8 x86 (32 bits) running on Vmware 6.x.x my vmware configuration: config.version = "8" virtualHW.version = "6" scsi0.present = "TRUE" memsize = "1024" ide0:0.present = "TRUE" ide0:0.fileName = "Other.vmdk" ide1:0.present = "TRUE"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: draggy
0 Replies

3. Solaris

unable to connect to solaris guest in vmware

hi All, I require your help and suggestion in this. I have a solaris 10 (guest) installed on a vmware and my host OS is windows 2003 server. i am trying to conenct to the solaris 10 from my local Pc through putty, but unable to connect. please advice what setup or prerequitsites are required to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bathija
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Error opening PAM libraries : solaris 10 on vmware workstation

Hi Admins, I am facing an issue with Solaris 10 sitting on vmware workstation... When I start it, it gives me an error : "Error opening PAM libraries, contact system administrator" Also I can reach it via putty, but none of the id/passwd working. I did revert pam.conf. But still no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10x86 on VMware Workstation

Is it possible to create metadevices and soft partitions using Solaris Volume Manager on Solaris 10 x86 that is running on VMware Workstation. It would a low cost method to practice extending soft partitions and metadevices. If anyone has an experience with this please share. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

6. Linux

vmware workstation

i have following :- fedora 16 x 64bit kernel 3.2.7-1 vmware workstation 8.0.2. Steps to install vmware workstation to access ESX machine 1- sh vmware name.bundle 2- setup started and completed with out any warning. 3- when i type "vmware " then "VMware Module Updater Started" and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engrtahir2007
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris x86 on vmware workstation panic and almost crashing

Hello Admins, Howz it going? Coming to our forum after long time. Well, a solaris x86 system on my vmware workstation is facing a big trouble. I did a file system check on root file system. And after reboot, I am getting an error for both normal mode and fail safe mode. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Copy via samba on vmware workstation with Solaris taking much longer than usual

i have a vmware workstation with solaris 10 installed on this. i copying 2 gb data via samba from windows to this vmware workstation. copy speed is 24 kb/sec. how i can speed up this copy process ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VMware Solaris Guest - How do I boot from CD?

Hello, I have a Solaris 10 x86 VM and I am trying to access the Solaris install menu. I have the ISO set to connect on startup, and I can see that it is mounted in my system. But when I power on the VM, the GRUB menu comes up and I only have the option of booting Solaris. Also I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
4 Replies
KITSEND(1)						      General Commands Manual							KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)