Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Ftp connectivity between two UNIX servers Post 302873163 by rbatte1 on Monday 11th of November 2013 09:04:01 AM
Old 11-11-2013
Try ftp 10.1.20.33 if you want to ftp, or get the SSH server running on 10.1.20.33 if you want to sftp.

Robin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP between two UNIX servers

Hi I have server A and server B. On server B the directory is called /tmp/hmp On server A I want to get the files on server B:/tmp/hmp via FTP. After I have got the files via FTP I have to delete them. In the script below I'm affraid of that I delete files before I get them by ftp. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hpedersen4
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Need to check the connectivity between 2 servers

Hi All, I need an automation script to check the connectivity between 2 UNIX servers. Could anybody please help in this regards? regards, janardhan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjanardhan83
1 Replies

4. Solaris

connectivity between servers

We have two servers A and B (both running Solaris 10) out of which one is application server and the other is database server. The two servers faced certain network issues and the two servers were temporarily disconnected.this happened around 5AM GMT monday.Can anyone suggest some log files or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Connectivity problem in two servers.

HI I have made a connection with external server which is also UNIX. I was tryign connectivity with this by telnet which fails and ping i sshowing socket is alive and traceroute tells the asterisk astersik:traceroute to 153.88.182.28 (153.88.182.28), 30 hops max, 8080 byte packets 1 * * * 2 *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database connectivity using unix

Hi, I am trying to connect to the database through Unix serer using following command- mysql -u root -Jepadt -D dtdatabase But it giving me error - mysql: unknown option '-J' Can anybody help me to solve this problm Thanks in advance Please use code tags, thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help with Windows to Unix connectivity

Hi Can we pass the parameter from the excel in windows and invoke the unix shell script from excel VBA by passing this parameter and get the results of shell script to the excel sheet? We tried to get the things in unix independently but we still strucked in connecting the excel to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikky6
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

Help with to check the tcp network connectivity between servers and hosts

ello, i am new to the networking side. I have a requirement to check the tcp network connectivity between server it's running on and the list of host's and ports combination. please help me where i am going wrong. my code: #!/bin/bash #read the file line by line cd "$1" cat... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sknovice
17 Replies

9. Solaris

Establishing connectivity between two servers

I am trying to establish passwordless connectivity between server A and server B, but unsuccessfuly, because I beleive two issues. the first one is that on both servers, it is not possible to use root to login, it only allows to connect using a user (any) them su - root, which in turns I am able... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)