Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Nim client with different subnet to Master Post 302873037 by gefa on Monday 11th of November 2013 03:56:11 AM
Old 11-11-2013
Hi sorry should have given more info at the start,

The master IP is 10.17.4.12 GW 10.17.4.204 255.255.254.0
New client IP is 193.3.6.87 GW 193.3.6.200 255.255.255.0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Nim Master Problem

All, I'm testing NIM on a 7026-m80 machine. But everytime i want to setup the master, i get this error message... Anyone who knows how to solve this issue? google doesn't seem to know much about it # nim_master_setup ############################## NIM master setup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
1 Replies

2. AIX

nim master

Hi, I want to know what are steps required to create nim master in aix? Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. AIX

nim master

Hi, I want to know how to create nim master in AIX 5.3. Regards, Manoj (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

4. AIX

NIM master-client connectivity issue

Hello All, I believe my NIM master is fine. lsnim and cat /etc/niminfo gives me the right output. While doing "lsnim" on a client machine, I get ksh:lsnim:"not found". Please someone be nice enough to explain what are the steps to verify the master and client connectivity to do all the NIM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

5. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

6. AIX

Changing subnet mask for a NIM Network.

I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I did search for this answer prior to posting but no luck. Running an AIX NIM Master at 5.3TL9SP4, with about 100 clients. The subnet of one of the networks defined in the NIM env has changed. When I go to Manage Networks, Change/Show... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
0 Replies

7. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

8. AIX

NIM Master hostname

hi Admins, How can I check the NIM master hostname/IP name from NIM client ? I don't see any option that I can try with nimclient command. Let me know.. Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

9. AIX

NIM master with multiple client subnets

Hi Guys, I'm building a new NIM environment with clients on 3 different subnets. I want to get some advise on what is the best approach for this kind of setup. This is the sample network for my new NIM. Master IP: 10.20.1.20 Client IP subnet_1: 10.20.1.21 Client IP subnet_1: 10.30.1.21... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaelu26
5 Replies

10. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies
_UPDOWN(8)							Executable programs							_UPDOWN(8)

NAME
ipsec__updown - kernel and routing manipulation script SYNOPSIS
_updown is invoked by pluto when it has brought up a new connection. This script is used to insert the appropriate routing entries for IPsec operation on some kernel IPsec stacks, such as KLIPS and MAST, and may do other necessary work that is kernel or user specific, such as defining custom firewall rules. The interface to the script is documented in the pluto man page. VARIABLES
The _updown is passed along a number of variables which can be used to act differently based on the information: PLUTO_VERSION indicates what version of this interface is being used. This document describes version 1.1. This is upwardly compatible with version 1.0. PLUTO_VERB specifies the name of the operation to be performed, which can be one of prepare-host, prepare-client, up-host, up-client, down-host or down-client. If the address family for security gateway to security gateway communications is IPv6, then a suffix of -v6 is added to this verb. PLUTO_CONNECTION is the name of the connection for which we are routing. PLUTO_NEXT_HOP is the next hop to which packets bound for the peer must be sent. PLUTO_INTERFACE is the name of the ipsec interface to be used. PLUTO_ME is the IP address of our host. PLUTO_MY_CLIENT is the IP address / count of our client subnet. If the client is just the host, this will be the host's own IP address / max (where max is 32 for IPv4 and 128 for IPv6). PLUTO_MY_CLIENT_NET is the IP address of our client net. If the client is just the host, this will be the host's own IP address. PLUTO_MY_CLIENT_MASK is the mask for our client net. If the client is just the host, this will be 255.255.255.255. PLUTO_PEER is the IP address of our peer. PLUTO_PEER_CLIENT is the IP address / count of the peer's client subnet. If the client is just the peer, this will be the peer's own IP address / max (where max is 32 for IPv4 and 128 for IPv6). PLUTO_PEER_CLIENT_NET is the IP address of the peer's client net. If the client is just the peer, this will be the peer's own IP address. PLUTO_PEER_CLIENT_MASK is the mask for the peer's client net. If the client is just the peer, this will be 255.255.255.255. PLUTO_MY_PROTOCOL lists the protocols allowed over this IPsec SA. PLUTO_PEER_PROTOCOL lists the protocols the peer allows over this IPsec SA. PLUTO_MY_PORT lists the ports allowed over this IPsec SA. PLUTO_PEER_PORT lists the ports the peer allows over this IPsec SA. PLUTO_MY_ID lists our id. PLUTO_PEER_ID lists our peer's id. PLUTO_PEER_CA lists the peer's CA. SEE ALSO
ipsec(8), ipsec_pluto(8). HISTORY
Man page written for the Linux FreeS/WAN project <http://www.freeswan.org/> by Michael Richardson. Original program written by Henry Spencer. AUTHOR
Paul Wouters placeholder to suppress warning libreswan 12/16/2012 _UPDOWN(8)