Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Job Schedular for Suse Enterprise SLES 11 SP2 Post 302872341 by vaibhavvsk on Friday 8th of November 2013 06:48:48 AM
Old 11-08-2013
Linux Job Schedular for Suse Enterprise SLES 11 SP2

We have a server with 160 hyper-threaded cpu's threads and 2Tb of RAM. I need to implement command line job queue and parallel thread usage for multiple user environment kindly suggest necessary tools to be installed.

I have understanding that sun grid engine like applications are available for clusters and not for single server, please correct me if i'm wrong.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where are the repositories located in SUSE SLES 10 SP2

Hi, In SUSE SLES 10 SP2 where are the software repositories located? In CENTOS they are in /etc/yum.repositories or something like that. What does SLES use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

2. SuSE

SLES 10 SP2 possible kernel problem, / slowly filling up

Hello Guys I first though about posting this to emergency but cause I fixed my issue with an reboot its not as important, more is important to me what caused this situation Some facts: OS: SLES 10 x64 SP2 (Virtualized Vmware ESX 3.5) / vmware tools status OK Soft: Oracle10g LVM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kl1ngac1k
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suse 10 SP2 VNC Password

hi guys I've configured some CentOS where you can set a password for VNC and that password is requested before connecting to the normal user login But I found that Suse 10 SP3 has no such thing basically it has this configuration under /etc/xinetd.d/vnc service vnc1 { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
2 Replies

4. SuSE

Failure of Vmware Server 2 installation on SLES 11 SP2

Issue: I am trying to install Vmware Server 2(VMware-server-2.0.2-203138.x86_64) installation on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) SP2 and it fails with error: None of the pre-built vmmon modules for VMware Server is suitable for your running kernel. Do you want this program to try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
3 Replies

5. Fedora

Install memcached on Suse 11 SP2

hi guys I am trying to install this extension for php named memcached but I am not really able to do it PECL :: Package :: memcached I have Suse 11 SP2 installed without any registration (I mean installed not paying subscription) so my question is there a way to install it like in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remote print from SLES (SAP) to AIX 7.1 04 sp2 virtual printer queue gets down

Hello Administrators. I have a bit difficult problem. I have local virtual printer that has backend defined in /etc/qconf to script which in turns sends the spool to the real device. whenever I print locally (from sap) the print works as it should. The printer queue after the print is done... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deneth
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux SuSE SLES 8 error..unable to issue shutdown command

the only way we can power off is if we actually press power button on server. Running on HP DL-G4. from root, when we issue command it just returns to root prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amexboy
1 Replies
PQRM(1) 							       pqrm								   PQRM(1)

NAME
pqrm - Remove job from NetWare print queue SYNOPSIS
pqrm [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] queue_name job_ID [ another_job_ID ... ] DESCRIPTION
pqrm remove specified jobs from the NetWare print queue available to you on some server. If you are already connected to some server, this one is used. pqrm looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
queue_name queue_name is used to specify queue. You can not use wildcards in the name. job_ID , another_job_ID job_ID is used to specify which job has to be deleted. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqstat prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pqlist(1), pqstat(1) CREDITS
pqrm was written by Petr Vandrovec (vandrove@vc.cvut.cz) pqrm 03/03/1998 PQRM(1)