Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk-sed - wc : how to count DOTS "."'s in a file. Post 302871285 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 10:50:07 PM
Old 11-05-2013
Having received our help solving more than sixty other issues you have raised, what have your tried so far to get a solution to this problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to change the file with "sed" and "awk"

Hi experts I want your help to change the file format to my wanted version, please give me a hand thanks $cat file install pass make os pass make build kernel failed usb storage pass chane to | *install* | *make os* | *make build kernel* | *usb storage* | | pass | pass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simplify Bash Script Using "sed" Or "awk"

Input file: 2 aux003.net3.com error12 6 awn0117.net1.com error13 84 aux008 error14 29 aux001.ha.ux.isd.com error12 209 aux002.vm.ux.isd.com error34 21 alx0027.vm.net2.com error12 227 dux001.net5.com error123 22 us008.dot.net2.com error121 13 us009.net2.com error129Expected Output: 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sQew
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Suggestion: adding two new groups "sed" and "awk"

Majority of the questions are pertaining file/string parsing w.r.t sed or awk It would be nice to have these two as their own sub category under shell-programming-scripting which can avoid lot of duplicate posts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jville
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk,sed : change every 2nd field ":" to "|"

Hi Experts, I have a string with colon delimited, want 2nd colon to be changed to a pipe. data: 101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3: I am trying with sed, but can change only 1 occurance: echo "101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3:" | sed 's/:/|/2'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
dlalsd.f(3)							      LAPACK							       dlalsd.f(3)

NAME
dlalsd.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine dlalsd (UPLO, SMLSIZ, N, NRHS, D, E, B, LDB, RCOND, RANK, WORK, IWORK, INFO) DLALSD uses the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem. Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine dlalsd (characterUPLO, integerSMLSIZ, integerN, integerNRHS, double precision, dimension( * )D, double precision, dimension( * )E, double precision, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, double precisionRCOND, integerRANK, double precision, dimension( * )WORK, integer, dimension( * )IWORK, integerINFO) DLALSD uses the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem. Purpose: DLALSD uses the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem of finding X to minimize the Euclidean norm of each column of A*X-B, where A is N-by-N upper bidiagonal, and X and B are N-by-NRHS. The solution X overwrites B. The singular values of A smaller than RCOND times the largest singular value are treated as zero in solving the least squares problem; in this case a minimum norm solution is returned. The actual singular values are returned in D in ascending order. This code makes very mild assumptions about floating point arithmetic. It will work on machines with a guard digit in add/subtract, or on those binary machines without guard digits which subtract like the Cray XMP, Cray YMP, Cray C 90, or Cray 2. It could conceivably fail on hexadecimal or decimal machines without guard digits, but we know of none. Parameters: UPLO UPLO is CHARACTER*1 = 'U': D and E define an upper bidiagonal matrix. = 'L': D and E define a lower bidiagonal matrix. SMLSIZ SMLSIZ is INTEGER The maximum size of the subproblems at the bottom of the computation tree. N N is INTEGER The dimension of the bidiagonal matrix. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of columns of B. NRHS must be at least 1. D D is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) On entry D contains the main diagonal of the bidiagonal matrix. On exit, if INFO = 0, D contains its singular values. E E is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N-1) Contains the super-diagonal entries of the bidiagonal matrix. On exit, E has been destroyed. B B is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On input, B contains the right hand sides of the least squares problem. On output, B contains the solution X. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of B in the calling subprogram. LDB must be at least max(1,N). RCOND RCOND is DOUBLE PRECISION The singular values of A less than or equal to RCOND times the largest singular value are treated as zero in solving the least squares problem. If RCOND is negative, machine precision is used instead. For example, if diag(S)*X=B were the least squares problem, where diag(S) is a diagonal matrix of singular values, the solution would be X(i) = B(i) / S(i) if S(i) is greater than RCOND*max(S), and X(i) = 0 if S(i) is less than or equal to RCOND*max(S). RANK RANK is INTEGER The number of singular values of A greater than RCOND times the largest singular value. WORK WORK is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension at least (9*N + 2*N*SMLSIZ + 8*N*NLVL + N*NRHS + (SMLSIZ+1)**2), where NLVL = max(0, INT(log_2 (N/(SMLSIZ+1))) + 1). IWORK IWORK is INTEGER array, dimension at least (3*N*NLVL + 11*N) INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit. < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. > 0: The algorithm failed to compute a singular value while working on the submatrix lying in rows and columns INFO/(N+1) through MOD(INFO,N+1). Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Contributors: Ming Gu and Ren-Cang Li, Computer Science Division, University of California at Berkeley, USA Osni Marques, LBNL/NERSC, USA Definition at line 179 of file dlalsd.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 dlalsd.f(3)