Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get the for loop output from a remote server in UNIX shell scripting? Post 302870973 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 09:35:06 AM
Old 11-05-2013
If you have pgrep then you can probably do
Code:
pgrep -u user something

and no problem to run that as ssh argument.
If you insist in your complex commands, save them in a script command.sh
And run it remotely with
Code:
ssh -qx server_name ksh < command.sh

By passing via a stream the script commands are only interpreted by one shell (the ksh at the remote server).
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running for loop on remote server

Hi, I'm having a problem performing for loop on remote server, i know this can be done with one liner but i'm not sure how it works if using logical operator such as for ifs and case or while for server in sterverA serverB serverC ; do ssh -v $server "cd ~/MyDocuments/; bag=`find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote server's output

Hi All, Can anybody help me, i have 50 servers within a network. For checking the HDD utilization using df -k, Right now i am logging into each server daily and then noting the output. I want that i should be able to run the command in all servers while sitting in single server and getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store output into variable-in unix shell scripting

Hi, Output of "ps -o etime,time,pcpu,pmem,fname -C sbd-java" command is - Elapsed Time %cpu %MEM COMMAND 02:14:03 00:03:28 2.5 6.3 sbd-java Can anyone tell me, how to store the the value 2.5 in a variable? When I say echo $X where x is a variable then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass current year and month in FOR LOOP in UNIX shell scripting?

Hi Team, I have created a script and using FOR LOOP like this and it is working fine. for Month in 201212 201301 201302 201303 do echo "Starting the statistics gathering of $Month partitions " done But in my scripts the " Month " variable is hard-coded. Can you please any one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to remote server loop is breaking

hi All, cat login.list server1 userid1 server2 userid2 server3 userid3 ---------------------------------------- #SSHSCRIPT.ksh FILE=login.list while read vah vah_id do ssh $vah -l $vah_id "pwd" done < "$FILE" ----------------------------------------- When i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If else condition inside for loop of awk command in UNIX shell scripting

Hi , Please excuse me for opening a new thread i am unable to find out the syntax error in my if else condition inside for loop in awk command , my actual aim is to print formatted html td tag when if condition (True) having string as "failed", could anyone please advise what is the right... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies
ptree(1)																  ptree(1)

NAME
ptree - print process trees SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/ptree [-a] [-c] [-z zone] [pid | user] ... ptree prints the process trees containing the specified pids or users, with child processes indented from their respective parent pro- cesses. An argument of all digits is taken to be a process-id, otherwise it is assumed to be a user login name. The default is all pro- cesses. The following options are supported: -a All. Print all processes, including children of process 0. -c Contracts. Print process contract memberships in addition to parent-child relationships. See process(4). This option implies the -a option. -z zone Zones. Print only processes in the specified zone. Each zone ID can be specified as either a zone name or a numerical zone ID. This option is only useful when executed in the global zone. The following operands are supported: pid Process-id or a list of process-ids. ptree also accepts /proc/nnn as a process-id, so the shell expansion /proc/* can be used to specify all processes in the system. user Username or list of usernames. Processes whose effective user IDs match those given are displayed. Example 1: Using ptree The following example prints the process tree (including children of process 0) for processes which match the command name ssh: $ ptree -a `pgrep ssh` 1 /sbin/init 100909 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569150 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569157 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569159 -ksh 569171 bash 569173 /bin/ksh 569193 bash The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. non-zero An error has occurred. /proc/* process files See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The human readable output is Unstable. The options are Evolving. gcore(1), ldd(1), pargs(1), pgrep(1), pkill(1), plimit(1), pmap(1), preap(1), proc(1), ps(1), ppgsz(1), pwd(1), rlogin(1), time(1), truss(1), wait(1), fcntl(2), fstat(2), setuid(2), dlopen(3C), signal.h(3HEAD), core(4), proc(4), process(4), attributes(5), zones(5) 11 Oct 2005 ptree(1)