Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Problem in /dev/hd1 and /dev/hd9var Post 302869859 by zaxxon on Thursday 31st of October 2013 09:42:58 AM
Old 10-31-2013
Could be a defect disk. Check your hardware/HMC for error messages or LEDs.
Check out if you have a recent mksysb at hand.

Edit:
Tell us a bit more about your setup, if there is a mirror on the rootvg, if it is physical disks or not, hmc connected, etc. etc.

Last edited by zaxxon; 10-31-2013 at 11:43 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

/dev/hd9var/ /var what should i do.

Hello my df -k show me that the /var used 93% Filesystem 1024-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 196608 33920 83% 2253 3% / /dev/hd2 1310720 352732 74% 25266 8% /usr /dev/hd9var 262144 18724 93%:confused: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simka
8 Replies

2. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending alt-n to /dev/pts/1 from process bound to /dev/pts/2

Hello, i am using finch (unix commandline instant messaging client using libgnt) which is running connected to /dev/pts/1 Now I would like to "remote control" the program by sending the key combinations normally typed on the keyboard from a programm in another shell. So I tried:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mentos
0 Replies

4. AIX

/dev/hd9var full

/dev/hd9var 819200 1928 100% 12101 12% /var the filesystem is full my self being new to aix what do i do to create space (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freeman
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Lun remove, stuck in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk

So, we removed a LUN from the SAN and the system is refusing to remove the references to it in the /dev folder. I've done the following: devfsadm -Cv powermt -q luxadm -e offline <drive path> luxadm probe All those commands failed to remove the path. The drive stills shows up as <drive... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
13 Replies

6. AIX

Difference between /dev/hdisk and /dev/rhdisk

Hi, How can i check that i am using RAW devices for storage in my AIX machine... Also after adding a LUN from storage to a aix host, when i check /dev in the host, i can see both rhdisk and hdisk with same number eg: dcback1(root):/dev>ls -lrt | grep disk12 crw------- 1 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibujacob
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc

Objective: To recreate the partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc How would I parse the below information and initialize variables (an array?) that can be used to build sgdisk commands in a script, regardless of the number of partitions? Something along the lines of: sgdisk -n... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
12 Replies

8. Red Hat

Changing grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb

Hi, Please suggest steps to change grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Dev/urandom and dev/random missing in HP-UX

Hi, In our HP-UX B.11.11. I could not find dev/urandom and dev/random Are all pseudo-devices implemented as device drivers, or in need to run /configure some package to install the package to have dev/urandom. Please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashi
4 Replies
in.rarpd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      in.rarpd(1M)

NAME
in.rarpd, rarpd - DARPA Reverse Address Resolution Protocol server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/in.rarpd [-d] -a /usr/sbin/in.rarpd [-d] device unit DESCRIPTION
in.rarpd starts a daemon that responds to Reverse Address Resolution Protocol (RARP) requests. The daemon forks a copy of itself that runs in background. It must be run as root. RARP is used by machines at boot time to discover their Internet Protocol (IP) address. The booting machine provides its Ethernet address in a RARP request message. Using the ethers and hosts databases, in.rarpd maps this Ethernet address into the corresponding IP address which it returns to the booting machine in an RARP reply message. The booting machine must be listed in both databases for in.rarpd to locate its IP address. in.rarpd issues no reply when it fails to locate an IP address. in.rarpd uses the STREAMS-based Data Link Provider Interface (DLPI) message set to communicate directly with the datalink device driver. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Get the list of available network interfaces from IP using the SIOCGIFADDR ioctl and start a RARP daemon process on each interface returned. -d Print assorted debugging messages while executing. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Starting An in.rarpd Daemon For Each Network Interface Name Returned From /dev/ip: The following command starts an in.rarpd for each network interface name returned from /dev/ip: example# /usr/sbin/in.rarpd -a Example 2: Starting An in.rarpd Daemon On The Device /dev/le With The Device Instance Number 0 The following command starts one in.rarpd on the device /dev/le with the device instance number 0. example# /usr/sbin/in.rarpd le 0 FILES
/etc/ethers File or other source, as specified by nsswitch.conf(4). /etc/hosts File or other source, as specified by nsswitch.conf(4). /tftpboot /dev/ip /dev/arp ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), boot(1M), ifconfig(1M), svcadm(1M), ethers(4), hosts(4), netconfig(4), nsswitch.conf(4),attributes(5), smf(5), dlpi(7P) Finlayson, R., Mann, T., Mogul, J., and Theimer, M., RFC 903, A Reverse Address Resolution Protocol, Network Information Center, SRI Inter- national, June 1984. NOTES
The in.rarpd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/rarp Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 20 Aug 2004 in.rarpd(1M)