Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Load above normal, qmail, bogofilter, increase CPU? Post 302869589 by postcd on Wednesday 30th of October 2013 03:12:03 PM
Old 10-30-2013
Bogofilter high cpu usage, but no mail in logs

Hello, on my virtual private server, 70% of CPU is used by bogofilter
i have qmail installed and "maillog" file dont shows any new mails activity.

Please how to discover why bogofilter is so high?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU load unit of measure?

If unix says my cpu load is 2.15 exactly what does that mean? --Jason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mac J
1 Replies

2. AIX

Application high CPU load

after a long period of running, the network application's CPU load in our syst em increase slowly, the failed at the end. we use "truss" tool to trace the process, found that it processes something like "semop" ,"semctl","thread_waitlock","kread" kernel call . The trace log file looks like the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

High cpu load average

Hi Buddies, Thanx for reading my first post... After googling a lot and searching so many forums I am feeling down a bit... Please don't mind my ignorence, and my grammer ... :) My server is running RHEL 2.6.9-5.EL. The cpu load is going higher than roof, almost 100 sometimes. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

4. AIX

increase load for testing

Hi, Anyone know of a good procedure or command that will significantly increase the load of my server without crashing it? I want to run some threshold tests and monitor load, cpu and memory usage. Thanks Chris. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chlawren
1 Replies

5. Linux

How to find the load on CPU ?

Hi ALL, I have to develop a script which checks for the load on CPU on regular intervals. I created a simple script which uses 'uptime' command to find out the avg load in the last 5 min. I then used grep and put the value of the avg load in a variable OUT. It was working fine till... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikings.svnit
5 Replies

6. Solaris

CPU load -12.50 in server.

Friends I have noticed that the Sun Fire v490 server with Solaris9 OS in my office, is showing a load of 12.50 during peak time and the CPU showing a max of 75% and an average of 60%. The Application running in this machine hung last month(For reasons unknown) and is running fine after... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk & CPU Load

Deal All, I'm writing a simple awk to generate some sort of report. The awk will check 24 files (file generated each one hour in a wholoe day) and then it will print one field to another file for counting purposes. The script is working fine but the problem is that the CPU load is very high... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: charbel
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to increase cpu load

can someone suggest me some code in any language that will increase CPU and memory both. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies
BOGOTUNE(1)						    Bogofilter Reference Manual 					       BOGOTUNE(1)

NAME
bogotune - find optimum parameter settings for bogofilter SYNOPSIS
bogotune [-v] [-c config] [-C] [-d dir] [-D] [-r value] [-T value] -n okfile [[-n] okfile [...]] -s spamfile [[-s] spamfile [...]] [-M file] bogotune [-h] DESCRIPTION
Bogotune tries to find optimum parameter settings for bogofilter. It needs at least one set each of spam and non-spam messages. The production wordlist is normally used, but it can be directed to read a different wordlist, or to build its own from half the supplied messages. In order to produce useful results, bogotune has minimum message count requirements. The wordlist it uses must have at least 2,000 spam and 2,000 non-spam in it and the message files must contain at least 500 spam and 500 non-spam messages. Also, the ratio of spam to non-spam should be in the range 0.2 to 5. If you direct bogotune to build its own wordlist, it will use the half the input or 2000 messages (whichever is larger) for the wordlist. Message files may be in mbox, maildir, or MH folder or any combination. Msg-count files can also be used, but not mixed with other formats. OPTIONS
The -h option prints the help message and exits. The -v option increases the verbosity level. Level 1 displays the scan output in detail instead of using a progress meter. The -c filename option tells bogofilter to read the config file named. The -C option prevents bogotune from reading a configuration file. The -d dir option specifies the directory for the database. See the ENVIRONMENT section for other directory setting options. The -D option tells bogotune to build a wordlist in memory using the input messages. The messages are read and divided into two groups. The first group is used to build a wordlist (in ram) and the second is used for tuning. To meet the minimum requirements of 2000 messages in the wordlist and 500 messages for testing, when -D is used, there must be 2500 non-spam and 2500 spam in the input files. If there are enough messages (more than 4000), they will be split evenly between wordlist and testing. Otherwise, they will be split proportionately. The -n option tells bogotune that the following argument is a file (or folder) containing non-spam. Since version 1.0.3, multiple arguments to the -n option can be given. All non-option arguments until the next -s option will be treated as though they had been preceded by -n The -s option tells bogotune that the following argument is a file (or folder) containing spam. It can be repeated as often as necessary. Since version 1.0.3, multiple arguments to the -s can be given. All non-option arguments until the next -n option will be treated as though they had been preceded by -s. The -r value option tells bogotune to use the following parameter as the robx value. The -T value option tells bogotune to use the following parameter as fp target value. The -M file option tells bogotune to convert the file to message count format. This format provides a sorted list of each message's unique tokens, along with their ham and spam counts. Sorting hides the sense of the messages quite effectively, thus protecting privacy. The message-count format allows bogotune and bogofilter to score messages quickly without needing the original token database. ENVIRONMENT
Bogofilter uses a database directory, which can be set in the config file. If not set there, bogofilter will use the value of BOGOFILTER_DIR. Both can be overridden by the -ddir option. If none of that is available, bogofilter will use directory $HOME/.bogofilter. BUGS
Bogotune is not particularly robust when presented with garbage input. AUTHOR
The bogofilter developer team. For updates, see the bogofilter project page[1]. SEE ALSO
bogofilter(1), bogolexer(1), bogoupgrade(1), bogoutil(1) NOTES
1. the bogofilter project page http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/ Bogofilter 10/22/2012 BOGOTUNE(1)