Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Balance the load of files across queues using shell script Post 302868103 by Don Cragun on Friday 25th of October 2013 09:56:56 PM
Old 10-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsachan
Hi,
I need to balance the load to be processed by the system using shell script.
The scenario is like below:

If there is 1 big file which is on queue_q1 and some small files ... then you need to balance the load.,..Remember you will not break any file...We just try to manage the load that is possible.
Your consistent unwillingness to use CODE tags and to rely on moderators to clean up your posts is troubling.

The fact that you never show any code that you're working on and seem only to want us to write code for you is troubling.

The fact that this posting sounds more like a homework assignment than something you're working on on your own is troubling.

In the future, post homework assignments in the Homework & Coursework Questions forum, show us that you are making an effort to solve problems on your own, and PLEASE use CODE tags as required by forum rules.

This thread is closed.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

load Balance

Guys im trying to create a script that will load ballance 3 devices. Unix is still very alien to me having only been in this position for 3 months now. Not to mention the fact that i've been thrown in the deep end. Anyway so far i've managed to make a script that looks at all 4 devices and make a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yorkyboy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write DB2 Load Utility in Shell script

Hi, I am a beginner. I need an example of using DB2 Load Utility in Shell script. I appreciate if anyone could help me about it. Thanks, Paris (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: parisbeginner
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

4. Linux

Load balance

Hello anybody know how use Load balance in linux? Summer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerpeh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv load balance files

Ok so I have files that are going to land on /apps/, but I need to load balance them so I need to load balance them to four different folders. The three file extensions I get are .mpe .mpd and mpf which will land here... /apps/ I can't move them until the mpf is there it triggers the next... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing mysql load statement from shell script

Hi, I have a piece of shell script which will connect to mysql database and execute a load statement(which will load datas in a file to the database table).The code is working and the data is in the tables. Now my requirement is, i need to grab the output from the load statement... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to create disk load

friends , need a shell script to create a disk load. can any one pls guide me with how this can be implemented. Pls provide the concept. from there i will try to design my script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find specific file name and load data

I need help as to how to write a script in Unix for the following: We have 3 servers; The mainframe will FTP them to a folder. In that folder we will need the script to look and see if the specific file name is there and load it to the correct table. Can anyone pls help me out with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check value of load balance dynamically

Hi All, I want to check load balance(or CPU utilzation) on server dynamically based on that value i want to perform some operation . Means if load balance is <10 then start server . Am using prstat -a 1 commadn it is listing CPU utilzation/load balancing dynamically .. How to take this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

why do we need UNIX shell script to load data into Oracle database

Hello everyone, I am new to shell scripting/ loading data into a database. I want to load data into Oracle database using SQL loader. Can some one please explain why do we need unix shell script to load the data into the database? Also can someone please explain what has to be in that script?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_prog
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)