Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Add strings from one file at the end of specific lines in text file Post 302867695 by gus74 on Thursday 24th of October 2013 05:26:14 PM
Old 10-24-2013
Wow, that was incredibly fast and it works like a charm. Thank you so much! The real Yoda you certainly are.

And another answer! Thank you Bartus!

Both solutions do exactly what I was looking for, thanks a ton!

edit: I'll take this as motivation to learn this language, I had no idea it was so powerful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Delete specific lines in a text file

Hi, experts, I would like to create a function that can calculate the total number of lines in a saved text file and delete specific lines in that particular file (I only want the last few lines). Hav anybody have the experience and giv me a hand in this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dniz
9 Replies

2. HP-UX

Add a column at the end of all the lines in a file

Hi Guys, :D I am very much new to UNIX. I dont have much basics of coding in UNIX, so please help me out of thi ssituation. I have a file say for ex: ABC.dtd and it contains "|" delimited data as test1|testing|test3|moving past1|runing|test4|going I need to add a column at the end... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruthless
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

add text to end of text file

Hi, I assume there is a simple solution, but as usual i can't find it! How can i add a line of text to the end of a text file on a new line? i.e file.txt ________________ this is my text file ________________ file.txt ________________ this is my text file WITH A NEW LINE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: leeRoberts2007
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash help]Adding multiple lines of text into a specific spot into a text file

I am attempting to insert multiple lines of text into a specific place in a text file based on the lines above or below it. For example, Here is a portion of a zone file. IN NS ns1.domain.tld. IN NS ns2.domain.tld. IN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdn_humbucker
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print string at the end of lines in text file

hello, I go text file like this E:/DDD/Dyndede/wwww E:/DDD/sss.com/ffffg/fff E:/DDD/vvvvvv/dd E:/DDD/sss.com/bbbbbb E:/DDD/sss.com/nnnn/xxI want to print /alpha.jpg at the end of every lines like that E:/DDD/Dyndede/wwww/alpha.jpg E:/DDD/sss.com/ffffg/fff/alpha.jpg... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidkhan
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop to add text to the end of a file

Hi all, I've got 2 files. File 1 has a list say a b c d e f File 2 got start= What I want is to create File 3 which look like this start=a,b,c,d,e,f So is it possible to loop throught File1 to echo it into File3 in one line? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing trailing lines at the end of a text file

How do you remove trailing empty lines at the end of a text file? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding text to the end of the specific line in a file(only to the first occurrence of it)

Hi, I want to add a text to the end of the specific line in a file. Now my file looks like this: 999 111 222 333 111 444 I want to add the string " 555" to the end of the first line contaning 111. Moreover, I want to insert a newline after this line containg the "000" string. The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
8 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

2 Questions: replace text in txt file, add text to end of txt file

so... Lets assume I have a text file. The text file contains multiple "#" symbols. I want to replace all thos "#"s with a STRING using DOS/Batch I want to add a certain TEXT to the end of each line. How can I do this WITHOUT aid of sed, grep or anything linux related ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pasc
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search a file for certain strings and add them to the end of certain lines

I have a log file which lists groups and users in the following format GROUP1 user1 user2 user3 GROUP2 user4 user5 user6 GROUP3 user7 user8 I need to change the format to: user1|GROUP1 user2|GROUP1 user3|GROUP1 user4|GROUP2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angela S
3 Replies
COALA(1)						      General Commands Manual							  COALA(1)

NAME
coala - a versatile compiler from action languages to answer set programs SYNOPSIS
coala [options]file[number] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the coala command. coala is a versatile compiler from action languages to answer set programs. It supports different encodings, variables and LTL style queries. It translates an action language into a logic program under the answer set semantics. After being grounded by lparse or gringo, the logic program can be solved by an answer set solver such as clasp. At the moment coala is able to translate the action language AL, B, C, a subset of C+ and the action language CTAID. The type of input language can be specified with a command line option. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the potassco-guide. -h, --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. SEE ALSO
clasp(1), gringo(1). AUTHOR
coala was written by Torsten Grote <Torsten.Grote@uni-potsdam.de> This manual page was written by Thomas Krennwallner <tkren@kr.tuwien.ac.at>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). March 4, 2010 COALA(1)