Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3? Post 302867213 by LMHmedchem on Wednesday 23rd of October 2013 04:30:59 PM
Old 10-23-2013
It looks like I am going to be able to go forward with a version compiled on 12.2, so I will probably be able to avoid getting it working on 11.3.

With all the changes to libraries and header files, I have often thought that it would be useful to create some custom libraries and have a more static setup. Even in this case, my app compiles on 12.2, but not 12.3. As far as I can see, the gcc version is the same, so that doesn't make any sense, but it looks like there is something that has been moved in a header file and I get a "no declaration" error for something. I still build allot with gcc3 because it helps to avoid some of those issues.

Thanks again,

LMHmedchem

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what am I missing?

I have the following portion of a script Check() { echo "\n\nChecking that all constraints are Enabled" echo "..." sleep 2 CHECK_COUNT='sqlplus -s $1 <<-EOSQL4 set feed off pause off pages 0 head off; set linesize 150 echo off; select count(*) from user_constraints where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zelp
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiters missing

Hi I have a pipe-delimited file where I eventually need to replace a string stored on the 3th field on a specific record. This is how the file looks like: A|Mike|Lvl 1|... B|... A|Maria|Lvl 1|... C|... B|... A|Jimmy|Lvl 2|... C|... A|Carry|Lvl 0|... C|... B|... A|John|Lvl 8|...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indalecio
2 Replies

3. AIX

fileset missing

Hello I need to install this fileset on a server with Aix 5.1 bos.perf.diag_tool bos.perf.libperfstat I go to the link http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/genunix3/aixfixes.html and i find this fileset but the last version thatīs what i need the lastest one for both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Missing Package

Hi All, I have a server running SunOS 5.9, on this I need to install Oracle 10g; however the installer returns ERROR: Unable to convert from "UTF-8" to "646" for NLS! Did some digging around and found that I need the SUNWuiu8 package. However I'm not sure where I can download the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zak
1 Replies

5. Solaris

pfild missing!!

I wanted to enable IP filtering on a Solaris10 U4 machine. For some reason I dont find /usr/sbin/pfild. This machine was running a minimal version of S10U4 and I got to know that for pfild I need to have SUNWipfr and SUNWipfu. I installed both those packages but no sign of pfild yet. Anyone has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Missing dependencies updating unixODBC / MySQL Connector

I have installed mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.5-0.i386.rpm and libtools on my Fedora12 system. Updating with yum says that there is nothing to update. Updating with rpm -Uvh mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.7-0.i386.rpm fails with the same missing dependencies as for the 64-bit version. Should I force... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bengbers
4 Replies

7. Programming

Trigonometry missing?

I have been testing some c-files in Fedora 6 and 15 and it looks as if the math.h is different in Linux compared to Windows (BCC 4 and VC5). Where are all trigonometrics like sin and cos? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pelle-48
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[: missing `]'

Hi, I am getting this error while running the following code. i=`awk '{print $2}' test1.txt` j=`awk '{print $4}' test1.txt` k=`awk '{print $6}' test1.txt` if ; then echo "Up." else echo "down" fi rm -f test.txt test1.txt error is this: line 12: ' Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies
GPE-QUESTION(1) 						   gpe-question 						   GPE-QUESTION(1)

NAME
gpe-question - GPE interface for asking questions from shell scripts. SYNOPSIS
gpe-question [---icon] name {--question "Question text"} {--buttons icon1:text1} [icon2:text2 ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gpe-question provides dialogues to raise a question within the GPE Palmtop Environment with cancel and ok buttons. OPTIONS
--question STRING The question to ask the user via the dialogue. --buttons type:label The type and label of the button(s) to be shown. Repeat for additional buttons. EXAMPLES
gpe-question "test" --question "Do you want to check first?" --buttons YES:yes NO:no AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Moray Allen Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Neil Williams Debian 1 January 16, 2007 GPE-QUESTION(1)