Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: If statement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If statement Post 302866593 by Yoda on Tuesday 22nd of October 2013 11:09:15 AM
Old 10-22-2013
Set xtrace / verbose and debug your code to understand what is going on.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement

Hi, I have a statement in shell script which i am writing below: if ] then ..... What is the meaning of -a option in files, meaning of the statement in the if condition ] means. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement

can someone please tell me what is wrong with the below. i'm trying to get a script to run if the content of a variable is either small letter y or capital letter Y. if then whatever fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

statement

I want to write a program that would convert yard to feet and feet to yard. i.e 1 yard = 3 * feet Echo "enter a" read a expr a *3 The trick is that I want to give the user some options. After the conversion from yard to feet is done, I want to ask the user whether or not he/she wants to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement - How to write a null statement

In my ksh script, if the conditions of a if statement are true, then do nothing; otherwise, execute some commands. How do I write the "do nothing" statement in the following example? Example: if (( "$x"="1" && "$y"="a" && "$z"="happy" )) then do nothing else command command fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If statement (yes or no)

I have the program: #!/bin/ksh echo Please enter yes or no read n typeset -l n if ] then echo My name exit else echo delete my name fi Question: How can I make the program accept only the word "yes" or "no" otherwise it will ask the user to re-enter? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement help

I'm trying to create a script that would allow me to identify the sucessful removal of a file. Here's what i put together so far, let me know if it's correct or not. FILE_NAME="cactus.dat" FILE_FIND='find / -name $FILE_NAME' if ;then echo "cactus.dat was not removed successfully" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdpinoy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Statement

${GREP} ASM /var/opt/oracle/oratab | \ ${CUT} -d':' -f1 Please tell me the meaning for the above statement. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lg123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Statement

${PFILE}.backupfile Please tell me what the above statement means? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lg123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies
gnutls-cli-debug(1)					      General Commands Manual					       gnutls-cli-debug(1)

NAME
gnutls-cli-debug - GnuTLS test client, with verbose output SYNOPSIS
gnutls-cli-debug [options] hostname DESCRIPTION
Simple client program to set up a TLS connection to some other computer. Like gnutls-cli(1), it sets up a TLS connection and forwards data from the standard input to the socket. Any information about the TLS control connection is printed to standard error. OPTIONS
-d, --debug integer Enable debugging. -p, --port integer The port to connect to. -h, --help Prints a short reminder of the command line options. -v, --verbose Even more verbose output. SEE ALSO
gnutls-cli(1), gnutls-serv(1) AUTHOR
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos <nmav@gnutls.org> and others; see /usr/share/doc/gnutls-bin/AUTHORS for a complete list. This manual page was written by Ivo Timmermans <ivo@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). December 1st 2003 gnutls-cli-debug(1)