Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pure-ftpd, passive mode, tls
Operating Systems Linux Debian Pure-ftpd, passive mode, tls Post 302866559 by sedlis on Tuesday 22nd of October 2013 09:29:20 AM
Old 10-22-2013
Pure-ftpd, passive mode, tls

Hello everyone,
Could you please help me with settings of pure-ftpd.

Here is my actual solution:
I have got linux (debian 7.1 wheezy ), where I run pure-ftpd, created virtual users, folder for ftp. I also install openssl, create private certificate for tls. All seems good.

When user connect from internal address in passive mode without TLS - its working fine.
When user connect from internal address in passive mode with TLS - its working fine.
When user connect from external address in passive mode without TLS - its working fine.
When user connect from external address in passive mode with TLS - ftp doesn't work, because ftp server return to external client local ip address. And client doens't know this address.

I also tried solve this problem to create conf file in /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/ForcePassiveIP ,where is written external address. But when user connect from external address he got external address what is fine, but after he got another error with connection. And this waz I think is not good, because users from internal network will not be able to connect ftp, because they will get external address from ForcePassiveIP conf file.
Maybe I can make two ftps server with different settings, but I think its not optimal. Could you please help me ? lw: I am beginner with linux, so if you have any solution could you please more expand for me ? Thank you very much.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passive ftp problem

Hello! Im having a strange problem. Im getting "Possible PASV port theft, cannot open data connection" when i try to ftp from one machine to another. This dosent happen everytime, only once in a while. Ive checked the firewall, and everything is open betwen client -> server, no restrictions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dozy
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to check if a file ftpd to mainframe was actually ftpd

Hi All, I am ftping a file from unix to mainframe. Now the problem arises that i want to check if the file was ftpd or not. Is there any way i could do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.rao11
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while passive ftp file transfer

hi i am doing a passive ftp file transfer . during that i got the following error. "ftp> put FTPS_MAILBOX local: FTPS_MAILBOX remote: FTPS_MAILBOX 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection Passive mode refused. Turning off passive mode. No control connection for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX HACMP Active/Passive Config

I have a HACMP 6.1 configured in a active/passive. I have 1 NIC with 3 IP address on (Boot, Persistent and Service ) . All address are routable. One of the application on the HA cluster is also using Boot Ip to send application data. Question : Since all the traffic is passing thru the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

5. AIX

ftp connect in passive mode , ftp settings

how to connect to ftp server in passive mode? ftp server.abc and how can i see ftp settings, doesn't exist some ftpd.conf there is some other file where i check the options and configurations of ftp server? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

vsftp | active and passive ftp | iptables

I am using vsftp but I can't login with passive mode. I can only login with active mode. I can login with both mode when service of iptables is stop. In active mode : 20,21 must be open from server site. 1023 and over must be open at client site. In passive mode : only 21,1023 and over must be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getrue
1 Replies

7. SuSE

Pure-FTPd [TLS] Login problem

Hello everybody Recently I installed Pure-FTPd and i tried to connect to my server and i try to login using my ID/PW i got always anonymous login.... here what i got, # ftp ftp> open localhost Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hael
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to configure CUPS on Solaris 11.3 - TLS and no TLS?

We are implementing CUPS on a new Solaris 11.3 system. The same system will run an application where users can print to networked printers inside our organisation, or to a printer outside of our organisation over the internet. For users printing to internal network printers, no encryption is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SallyB
0 Replies
pure-quotacheck(8)						     Pure-FTPd							pure-quotacheck(8)

NAME
pure-quotacheck - Update virtual quota files for Pure-FTPd SYNTAX
pure-quotacheck -u username/gid -d home directory [-g group/gid] DESCRIPTION
pure-quotacheck create a .ftpquota file in the specified directory. This file contains the current file and size of the directory, and it is used by Pure-FTPd when virtual quotas are enabled. It's recommended to periodically run pure-quotacheck for every user, in crontabs. OPTIONS
-d <directory> Scans the specified <directory>. -g <group or gid> Sets the group files will be scanned as. This is optional : if a user name is passed to -u</fR>, group are automatically retrieved. -u <user or uid> Set the user name files will be scanned as. This is mandatory, and it can't be "root". -h Output usage information and exit. FILES
.ftpquota EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: pure-quotacheck -u john -d /home/john AUTHORS
Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> SECURITY
pure-quotacheck switches real and effective uids/gids as soon as possible. Root privileges are never given back. pure-quotacheck refuses to scan directories with uid = 0 (root) or gid = 0 (wheel/root) . pure-quotacheck performs a chroot() call to the home directory. It never traverses parent directories. pure-quotacheck only scans real files (no socket, no pipe, etc) . pure-quotacheck enforces read access on directories to prevent against people doing chmod 0 before a quota scan. pure-quotacheck enforces write access on the home directory to properly write the .ftpquota file. pure-quotacheck never scans the same inode/device pair twice. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2228, RFC 2389 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd team 1.0.36 pure-quotacheck(8)