Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Newbie BIND DNS question: resolving upstream hosts? Post 302866303 by lupin..the..3rd on Monday 21st of October 2013 05:41:17 PM
Old 10-21-2013
So DNS "forwarding" is the feature I should look into?

There's so many DNS buzz-words to learn. Forwarding, Stealth, Recursive, Split, Authoritative, etc. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS/BIND question, is it ze germans?

First some back ground info: I am working on a computer running SuSE 7.3 I am still trying to set up a DNS I downloaded BIND 9.2.1 and was following a tutorial about BIND. It said at virtually the start of the tutorial that I should find a file called named.conf in my /etc directory. Yes, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ignus7
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache 2 Virtual Hosts not resolving

Hey all, I'm having some apache problems. I've installed apache countless times on FreeBSD. However, I'm having some problems and I could use some help. Here is my system info: FreeBSD 5.2.1 Apache 2.0.51 (/usr/local/apache2), doc root (/www symlink to /var/www) PHP 5.0.1 (/usr/local/php)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezekiel61
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Question on DNS/BIND

I have set up a BIND server running on Redhat AS 3.0 and the question I have is that I can point my laptop to that server and resolve all the hosts I have put in my .zone file but for the life of me I can resolve any outside information. I have verified the server can talk to the world. Any hints... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acleoma
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Resolving port 8080 in DNS

Hi I have my DNS servers (BIND 8) running on two Solaris 8 boxes. I need to be able to resolve an address blah.xxx.net to an IP address followed by :8080 - (for Tomcat). I tried doing this in my zone file but it failed. Can someone give me a pointer on where this configuration should be done?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: korfnz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS not resolving

I have configured my solaris 9 box to obtain a IP from the DHCP server which is on windows, I have also set up the DNS with domain name and name servers under /etc/resolv.conf I can ping a ip address I just cant seem to ping hostnames, theres probaly something im not doing. I have looked through... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr Pink
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dns/bind

Hi, Does anyone know anything about DNS/BIND? I need to tell my dns for every sub-domain foward on to my main domain.... so *.example.com gets sent to exmaple.com. Any ideas. I've looked at bind on my machine and theres about 10 files....i just don't know where to put the rule or exactly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elduderino
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS Bind

Hello, I have a question about dns file zone. Every zone file begins like: @ 86400 IN SOA ns1.website.com. admin@website.com. ( It means that name server ns1 is responsible for this zone. At the ending I can add the records like mysite.com IN A 1.2.3.4 So it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Public dns bind 9

Hi Friends, I need help to understand how to publish my public dns to internet. I have configured bind 9 on thel5 server and it working fine. My question is, as i donot want to expose my orginal hostname to outside and my zone files are configured with the NS recorde of the orginal hostname,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
5 Replies

10. AIX

Use of /etc/hosts files in resolving the dns name

Hello, For what purpose /etc/hosts file is used.I mean how any request coming to a DNS server or a switch would know that which name and ip are configured in /etc/hosts files of a server? Best regards, Vishal (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
3 Replies
Mail::DKIM::DNS(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Mail::DKIM::DNS(3)

NAME
Mail::DKIM::DNS - performs DNS queries for Mail::DKIM DESCRIPTION
This is the module that performs DNS queries for Mail::DKIM. CONFIGURATION
This module has a couple configuration settings that the caller may want to use to customize the behavior of this module. $Mail::DKIM::DNS::TIMEOUT This global variable specifies the maximum amount of time (in seconds) to wait for a single DNS query to complete. The default is 10. Mail::DKIM::DNS::resolver() Use this global subroutine to get or replace the instance of Net::DNS::Resolver that Mail::DKIM uses. If set to undef (the default), then a brand new default instance of Net::DNS::Resolver will be created the first time a DNS query is needed. You will call this subroutine if you want to specify non-default options to Net::DNS::Resolver, such as different timeouts, or to enable use of a persistent socket. For example: # first, construct a custom DNS resolver my $res = Net::DNS::Resolver->new( udp_timeout => 3, tcp_timeout => 3, retry => 2, ); $res->udppacketsize(1240); $res->persistent_udp(1); # then, tell Mail::DKIM to use this resolver Mail::DKIM::DNS::resolver($res); Mail::DKIM::DNS::enable_EDNS0() This is a convenience subroutine that will construct an appropriate DNS resolver that uses EDNS0 (Extension mechanisms for DNS) to support large DNS replies, and configure Mail::DKIM to use it. (As such, it should NOT be used in conjunction with the resolver() subroutine described above.) Mail::DKIM::DNS::enable_EDNS0(); Use of EDNS0 is recommended, since it reduces the need for falling back to TCP when dealing with large DNS packets. However, it is not enabled by default because some Internet firewalls which do deep inspection of packets are not able to process EDNS0-enabled packets. When there is a firewall on a path to a DNS resolver, the EDNS0 feature should be specifically tested before enabling. AUTHOR
Jason Long, <jlong@messiah.edu> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006-2007, 2012-2013 by Messiah College This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.6 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.18.2 2013-02-07 Mail::DKIM::DNS(3)