Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Device Names on Android
Operating Systems Linux Android Device Names on Android Post 302866297 by fedora18 on Monday 21st of October 2013 05:38:06 PM
Old 10-21-2013
Device Names on Android

Hi,

I have a program that logs serial port data. In order to do so it requires the full device name in linux (e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0) and a baudrate.

Does anyone know how I can find out the device name in the terminal? I am trying to port this application to Android and cant figure it out.

#lsusb shows the device but with no path
#mount only shows its mount point

Any help is great
thakns

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Files names and location

HI there. I am studying System administration right now and am stuck on a question that I have failed to find the answer for in my book. The question is: Do device files need to be in the /dev directory and to they need to follow a naming convention? My answer (so far) is that since the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carl1976
7 Replies

2. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

4. Android

Running only the Linux kernel of an Android device

I am looking for a way to run on top of the Linux kernel of an Android device. I want to use the existing configured Linux beneath Android rather than put a new Linux distribution onto a device. The article "The Android boot process from power on" (sorry, forum won't let me paste the link)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raoulney
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Android Device ID Changer shell script

this is worked "ANDROID NOUGAT" how can i use it for "ANDROID OREO" -plz help me... ------------------------------------------- echo " Ã-~-DEVICE ID CHANGINGÃ-~-" sleep 2 echo " " COUNT=1 while do ; echo "settings put secure android_id " | tr -d '\n' > X1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f4is4l
4 Replies
Device::USB::DevInterface(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Device::USB::DevInterface(3pm)

Device::USB::DevInterface
       This class encapsulates a USB Device Interface and the methods that object would support.

NAME
Device::USB::DevInterface - Access a device interface returned by libusb. VERSION
Version 0.11 SYNOPSIS
Device::USB:DevInterface provides a Perl object for accessing an interface of a configuration of a USB device using the libusb library. use Device::USB; my $usb = Device::USB->new(); my $dev = $usb->find_device( $VENDOR, $PRODUCT ); printf "Device: %04X:%04X ", $dev->idVendor(), $dev->idProduct(); $dev->open(); my $cfg = $dev->config()->[0]; my $inter = $cfg->interfaces()->[0]; print "Interface:", $inter->bInterfaceNumber(), " name: ", $dev->get_string_simple($iter->iInterface()), ": endpoint count: ", $inter->nNumEndpoints(), " "; See USB specification for an explanation of the attributes of an interface. DESCRIPTION
This module defines a Perl object that represents the data associated with a USB device configuration's interface. The object provides read-only access to the important data associated with the interface. METHODS There are several accessor methods that return data from the interface. Each is named after the field that they return. These accessors include: bInterfaceNumber The 0-based number of this interface. bAlternateSetting Value used to select this alternate setting for the interface specified in bInterfaceNumber. bNumEndpoints Number of endpoints (excluding endpoint 0) available on this interface. If the value is 0, only the control interface is supported. bInterfaceClass Class code as specified by the USB-IF. A value of 0xff is a vendor-specific interface class. bInterfaceSubClass Subclass code specified by the USB-IF. If bInterfaceClass is not 0xff, this field must use only subclasses specified by the USB-IF. bInterfaceProtocol The InterfaceProtocol as specified by the USB-IF. A value of 0xff uses a vendor-specific protocol. iInterface Returns the index of the string descriptor describing this interface. The string can be retrieved using the method "Device::USB::Device::get_string_simple". endpoints Returns a list of endpoint objects associated with this interface. DIAGNOSTICS
This is an explanation of the diagnostic and error messages this module can generate. DEPENDENCIES
This module depends on the Carp, Inline and Inline::C modules, as well as the strict and warnings pragmas. Obviously, libusb must be available since that is the entire reason for the module's existence. AUTHOR
G. Wade Johnson (wade at anomaly dot org) Paul Archer (paul at paularcher dot org) Houston Perl Mongers Group BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-device-usb@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Device::USB>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thanks go to various members of the Houston Perl Mongers group for input on the module. But thanks mostly go to Paul Archer who proposed the project and helped with the development. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2006 Houston Perl Mongers This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2008-06-02 Device::USB::DevInterface(3pm)