Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value Post 302864111 by sasikanthdba on Wednesday 16th of October 2013 02:50:42 AM
Old 10-16-2013
Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All,

I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60%

Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value.
ex:
capacity
60%

file system /ora/arch/dbname1/*.arch
/ora/arch/dbname2/*.arch

script need to run when file system reaches 60 % ----archivebkup.ksh

Last edited by sasikanthdba; 10-16-2013 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: more details

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script on Oracle hot backup got an error

Hi Unix Shell Script Expert, We have a robust shell script (from old time) for our 9i database hot backup but generated error: Shell Script Content: #check for auto log mode and redirect as early as possible # autolog_enable $AUTOLOG_MODE $ORACLE_BASE/${ORASID_LOW}log/cron_hotbackup.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oradbus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to call a oracle function in my shell script

i want to call a oracle function in my shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generic Shell Script to Archive a file

Would appreciate if any one can paste a generic schell script to archive a file with date stamp by passing the file with fullpath as parameter For Eg. /apps/scripts/Archive_File.sh /data_home/project_home/file.txt this should place the file in the following directory ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mak1600
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for call a procedure in Oracle DB

Hi everyone! I'm new with Shell Scripting, and I have to do a shell script to call a procedure, which have 2 input parameters, the directory(from server) and the txt file (which have informations to update/insert in DB). I have to create a shell script to execute that procedure for each txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renatoal
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not correct processing of “\ “ in names of dirs inside shell script (tar command - system backup scr

Hello, Recently, I've started with shell scripting, and decided to write a script for my system backup using tar. When I was dealing with tar execution inside shell script I found this, inside shell we have the following code: tar $TAR_PARAMS $ARCHIVE_FILE $EXCLUDE $BACKUP_STARTwith... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilnar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for deleting files and directories when the file system reaches the threshold

Hi Can someone assist in writing a script. I have a filesystem named /sybase in my aix lpar. When this filesystem becomes 94% full all the files and directories under /sybase/logs should be deleted immediately. :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script automatically when threshold limit met in one of the field in oracle database

Hi Guys, Need you help in one point! I am working on one shell script which takes following steps : 1. Taking one query result from oracle database 2. Exporting that result to Xls file 3. Mailing that file to my own mail ID Now, I want to give a threshold limit to one of the column... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agupte
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to call Oracle package through shell script?

Hey i have a package in oracle to validate file mask. can i call it in through shell script . if yes , how Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a sql script on multiple $Oracle_SID at once and send an alert if reaches the threshold

I am trying to accomplish following tasks in my KSH script: Run a sql script on multiple $ORACLE_SID at once Sends an alert only if the threshold > 2 for any of the $ORACLE_SID Please advice as to how I can approach this!! Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jd_2000
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call Oracle function with multiple arguments from shell script?

Dear All, I want to know how can i call oracle function from shell script code . My oracle function have around 5 input parameters and one return value. for name in *.csv; do echo "connecting to DB and start processing '$name' file at " echo "csv file name=$x" sqlplus -s scoot/tiger <!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
2 Replies
RunTargetUnitTests(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				     RunTargetUnitTests(1)

NAME
RunTargetUnitTests -- run unit tests for the current target SYNOPSIS
RunTargetUnitTests DESCRIPTION
RunTargetUnitTests examines its environment and runs the unit tests it presumes are present using otest(1). RunTargetUnitTests is intended to be called from a shell script build phase. It expects certain environment variables to be configured from Xcode build settings (see below). RunTargetUnitTests will run tests for all built architectures appropriate for the machine running the tests. ENVIRONMENT
ARCHS The architectures the tests were built for; when tests are run, they will be run once per architecture. If unspecified, tests are run for the architecture returned by arch(1). DEVELOPER_DIR The Xcode folder, e.g. "/Developer". If unspecified the value for SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_DIR will be used, or "/Developer" if that also is unspecified. BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR The directory containing built products; when tests are run, this is specified in DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH. If unspecified tests are run from the current working directory with no DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH. FULL_PRODUCT_NAME The full name of the built product, including its wrapper extension if any. GCC_ENABLE_OBJC_GC Whether or not the test bundle was compiled with Objective-C garbage collection enabled. Possible values are unsupported, supported, and required. If not set, defaults to unsupported, which will run otest(1) with Objective-C garbage collection disabled. NATIVE_ARCH_ACTUAL The architecture of the machine running the tests, used to determine for which architectures tests can be run. If unspecified, defaults to the architecture returned by arch(1). OTEST The path to the otest command line tool; defaults to /Developer/Tools/otest. TEST_AFTER_BUILD Set to YES to run tests, any other value will prevent test execution. FILES
/Developer/Tools/RunTargetUnitTests The script used to run tests from a shell script build phase. /Developer/Tools/otest The OCUnit test rig. SEE ALSO
arch(1), otest(1) Mac OS X June 2, 2019 Mac OS X