Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Consolidate several lines of a CSV file with firewall rules, in order to parse them easier? Post 302862475 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 10th of October 2013 09:29:46 PM
Old 10-10-2013
Try this awk solution:

Code:
awk -F\; '
$1{Save=$0}
/^;/{
  for(i=split(Save,Prev,";");i;i--)
    if (!length($i)) $i=Prev[i]
}1' OFS=\; infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Parse a CSV file into a Different Format

Hi I have a CSV file with me in this format Currency, USD, EUR, USD, 1.00, 1.32, EUR, 0.66, 1.00, How do I transpose the file to get to the format below. currency, currency, rate USD, USD, 1.00 USD, EUR, 1.32 EUR, USD, 0.66 EUR, EUR, 1.00 Thanks for your help We are using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdesiks
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV File parse help in Perl

Folks, I have a bit of an issue trying to obtain some data from a csv file using PERL. I can sort the file and remove any duplicates leaving only 4 or 5 rows containing data. My problem is that the data contained in the original file contains a lot more columns and when I try ro run this script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extra/parse lines from a file between unque lines through the file

I need help to parse a file where there are many records, all of which are consistently separated by lines containing “^=============” and "^ End of Report". Example: ============= 1 2 3 4 End of record ============= 1 3 4 End of record Etc.... I only need specific lines... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jouuu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse csv file, sha1 hash and output

I have a file, not really a csv, but containing delineated data just the same. Lets call that file "raw_data.txt". It contains data in the format of company name:fein number like this: first company name:123456789 second company name:987654321 what i need to do is read this file, apply... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddyG
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file into CSV with shell?

Hi, It's been a few years since college when I did stuff like this all the time. Can someone help me figure out how to best tackle this problem? I need to parse a file full of entries that look like this: <eq action="A" sectyType="0" symbol="PGR" exch="CA" curr="VEF" sess="NORM"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pcushing
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse csv file

Hi, Our requirement is to parse the input file(.csv format). The each column in the file is delimited with comma. We need to take each column and apply some business validation rule. If data itself contains comma, then those fields are enclosed with double quotes ("). We can see this double... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vfrg
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse this file and obtain a .csv or .xls

Hello Expert, I have a file in the following format: SYNTAX_VERSION 5 MONITOR "NAME_TEMPLATES" DESCRIPTION "Monitors for contents of error " INTERVAL "1m" MONPROG "script.sh NAME_TEMPLATES" MAXTHRESHOLD GEN_BELOW_RESET SEVERITY Major ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ant-one
17 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to parse csv file with shell script

Hello ! I am very aware that this is not the first time this question is asked here, because I have already read a lot of previous answers, but none of them worked, so... As said in the title, I want to read a csv file with a bash script. Here is a sample of the file: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grhyll
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines consolidate

This post is start for me ... I stumped at something that I not sure as to how start on ... I tried so of your script that i honestly lost mind looking and looking here ... please help COL1 COl2 COL3 12222 AUH FLUEH 12222 SSC OPERA 12222 SSC ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebastian.Thoma
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies
BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual						 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-csvinfo.cgi - CGI program to show host information from a CSV file SYNOPSIS
bb-csvinfo.cgi DESCRIPTION
bb-csvinfo.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-csvinfo.sh CGI wrapper. Based on the parameters it receives, it searches a comma- separated file for the matching host, and presents the information found as a table. bb-csvinfo.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the following parameters: key (string to search for, typically hostname) column (columnnumber to search - default 0) db (name of the CSV database file in $BBHOME/etc/, default hostinfo.csv) delimiter (delimiter character for columns, default semi-colon) CSV files are easily created from e.g. spreadsheets, by exporting them in CSV format. You should have one host per line, with the first line containing the column headings. Despite their name, the default delimiter for CSV files is the semi-colon - if you need a different delimiter, invoke bb-csvinfo.cgi with the "delimiter=<character>" in the query string. Example usage This example shows how you can use the bb-csvinfo CGI. It assumes you have a CSV-formatted file with information about the hosts stored as $BBHOME/etc/hostinfo.csv, and the hostname is in the first column of the file. Use with the bbgen --docurl The --docurl option to bbgen(1) sets up all of the hostnames on your Xymon webpages to act as links to a CGI script. To invoke the bb-csvinfo CGI script, run bbgen with the option --docurl=/cgi-bin/bb-csvinfo.sh?db=hostinfo.csv&key=%s SEE ALSO
bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5), bbgen(1) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)