Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed not replacing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed not replacing Post 302862061 by katakamvivek on Thursday 10th of October 2013 05:53:03 AM
Old 10-10-2013
sed not replacing

Data not replacing using sed,please check below.
Code:
Replace_value=$$dbconn_target
Search_value=$$dbcon_source

sed -e s/\${Search_value}/\${Replace_value}/g intrepid_sps_val.parm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing in SED

I want to change the false in Node 1 to true. How do I do that? <Node1> <Usage>false</Usage> <Url>ABC</Url> </Node1> <Node2> <Usage>false</Usage> <Url>DEF<Url> </Node2> (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprogrammer
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing using sed

its again sed question. i have line - sed "s/$old/$new/g" "$f" > $TFILE && mv $TFILE "$f" working well if old="myoldfile" new="mynewfile" but if i want old="/home/shailesh/1test/" new="/home/shailesh/workspace/" it gives error like sed: -e expression #1, char 9: unknown option to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shailesh_arya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: replacing

Hello, I was looking around, but could not find the answer, so I hope you ppl can help me. I want simply to replace text.:rolleyes: I found out SED would be good for this task.:b: So I tried: :confused: 1.) find text in a line and replace this particular line: for finding... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown7
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing ' with '' using sed

Hi, I have a text file and I would like to replace all occurrences of single quote ' with two consecutive single quotes '' . I have tried sed s/\'/\'\'/ < Folder/outputFile.txt > Folder/otherFile.txt but this replaces only the first occurrence of ' with ''. I want it to replace all the single... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DushyantG
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed inside sed for replacing string

My need is : Want to change docBase="/something/something/something" to docBase="/only/this/path/for/all/files" I have some (about 250 files)xml files. In FileOne it contains <Context path="/PPP" displayName="PPP" docBase="/home/me/documents" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with SED for replacing an IP

I need some advice to replace 10.183.x.x with 10.174.17.55 in a file containing multiple 10.183.x.x. Any help would be highly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing by sed

hi my input file has got >,,,, or >, or >,,,,,, there are independent number of commas after >.... i want the o/p as > only that is just to remove "," after">" another is: i want to replace the last line of the file and to replace it by "hello"...how to do?... any nice script plz help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing using sed

hi Guys, I have a rar file which consists of 10 files. each file has a space in its file name. how can i replace all spaces with _ i can replace them using sed but the thing is i need to replace using a script and not command. can anyone help me out??:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshb6
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing digits using sed

How to replace a character followed by a digit using sed? For example lets say I have this file - a1 3242134 54235435 3241235 a2 3214345 45325626 3125435 a3 4236577 54365376 6865678 . . . a3000 5432534 32546546 3254365 I want to replace all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not replacing using sed

Hi all, I am trying to change the below word. but the changes is not reflecting in the new file sed -n 's/apple/orange/' filename ---------- Post updated at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:41 AM ---------- I tried this it works perl -pi.bak -e... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
9 Replies
CH_LAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 CH_LAB(1)

NAME
ch_lab -- change/copy label files SYNOPSIS
ch_lab [-S frame spacing] [-start time] [-end time] [-ext file extension] [-extract file] [-extend time] [-f sample frequency] [-lf sample frequency] [-itype file type] [-key key file] [-lablist list of labels] [-length time] [-map map file] [-name feature name] [-class class] [-o output file] [-otype file type] [-pad high | low] [-pos list of labels] [-q timestep] [-range range] [-sed sed file] [fl shift time delta] [-style output stype] [-vocab vocab file] [-verify] [-nopath] [-base] [-combine] [-divide] [-h] input files ... DESCRIPTION
ch_lab copies from one or more input label files to an output label file, optionally performing various operations along the way. The following option flags are recognized: -h Print a summary of usage to standard output. -S frame spacing frame spacing of output -start time start time, in seconds, for label extraction -end time end time, in seconds, for label extraction -ext file extension filename extension to use for multiple output files -extract file extract a single file from a list of files -extend time extend track file by time seconds beyond label file -f sample frequency sample frequency of label file -lf sample frequency sample frequency for labels -itype file type type of input label file: esps htk ogi -key key file key label file -lablist list list of labels to be considered as blank -length time length of track produced, in seconds -map map file label mapping file -name feature name eg. Fo Phoneme -class class name of class defined in op file -o output file output file name -otype file type output file type: xmg, ascii, esps, htk -pad high | low pad with high or low values -pos list list of labels to be regarded as 'pos' -q timestep quantize label timings to nearst value -range range difference between high and low values -sed sed file perform regex editing using sed file fl shift time delta shift the times of the labels -style output style output style e.g. track -vocab file file containing list of words in vocabulary -verify check that only labels in vocab file are in label file -nopath ignore pathnames when searching label lists -base use base filenames for lists of label files -combine -divide SEE ALSO
ch_wave(1) ch_track(1) Edinburgh Speech Tools April 5, 2001 Edinburgh Speech Tools