Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help With awk/sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help With awk/sed Post 302861691 by dev.devil.1983 on Wednesday 9th of October 2013 11:48:32 AM
Old 10-09-2013
Thanks for the reply Akshay, but the second column '13' in the original code has to remain as it is, without any changes.

Thanks again in advance Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk / sed

I have many messages such as the test message below: 00:00000:00021:2002/05/13 13:57:00.51 ERROR:- Test error, my test error!!! I am writing a script in which I need to get everything from the word "ERROR:-" onwards. I normally use awk for these things, but I am not an expert at it so i am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baileyr1
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed,awk

Hi, I know sed is stream text editor and not a bit more than that. Can anyone explain its usage and advantages? How is awk different from sed? I donno i am a bit confused about it. But i have coded in awk and shell. Thanks, Nisha :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed in awk ? or nested awk ?

Hey all, Can I put sed command inside the awk action ?? If not then can i do grep in the awk action ?? For ex: awk '$1=="174" { ppid=($2) ; sed -n '/$ppid/p' tempfind.txt ; }' tempfind.txt Assume: 174 is string. Assume: tempfind.txt is used for awk and sed both. tempfind.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Awk or Sed help

Hi, I have a data file with 5 columns - like this: "20080401 09:43:08.770798 +0100s","TEST 1","R 1","A TEST","Nov 27 2007","1" "20080401 09:43:08.770798 +0100s","THIS IS A TEST","R 2","B TEST","Nov 30 2007","10" "20080401 09:43:08.770798 +0100s","ANOTHER TEST","R 3","B TEST","Nov 05... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrG-San
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed or awk?

I've got an inventory database with eight columns with things like product name, manufacturer, UPC code, etc. on each line. Our PO (purchase order) number is in the first column. I can grep the date and get the full line of data but I would like to strip out everything but the PO number in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetJones
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed or awk?

What if I wanted to add a word such as IT after the first character and if theres 3 characters, after the 2nd character? output would be: G, it H G, H it P G, H, P it L I'm thinking that AWK would be the easiest way to do this... Currently looking it up. Right now I'm using awk but I... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttster
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help using awk or sed.

Hi All, Is there a way of comparing two columns in the same file and deleting the row if the values of the columns match. I have the sample data file as below. M024900|175309.00|968.00|17 M025001|19861.79|97.90|148 M025002|431.70|159.00|3 M025003|912.30|159.90|6 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed/awk or help please

I have a file that contain the data below: B1 1 2 3 B2 20 30 40 B3 7 8 B4 100 B5 21 22 23How can I retrieve the data for B1 into a seperate file. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is this possible using SED and AWK?

Dear Geeks, I want to manipulate a file with certain modifications for that using sed or AWK how to do this process for one file i have this type of data. Input File: "Restricted and Reserved names .ANISH",3798,"TEST.CO",1201208,6/16/10 0:00,6/16/13 0:00,,,"CO","2nd"^M "Restricted and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies
smfi_setmlreply(3N)													       smfi_setmlreply(3N)

NAME
smfi_setmlreply() - sets default SMTP error reply code to a multi-line response SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
ctx Specifies the opaque context structure. rcode Specifies the 3-digit (RFC 821/2821) SMTP reply code, as a null-terminated string. rcode must not be a NULL value, and must be a valid or reply code. xcode Specifies the extended (RFC 1893 or 2034) reply code. An xcode must conform to RFC 1893/2034 code. If xcode is set to NULL, an extended code is not used. Specifies the remaining arguments, which are single lines of text. A maximum of 32 arguments can be specified. These arguments are used as the text part of the SMTP reply. The list must be termi- nated with a NULL value. DESCRIPTION
The routine directly sets the SMTP error reply code for a connection. Only and replies are accepted. The list of arguments in must be terminated with a NULL value. is used on subsequent errors from the filter. can be called from any of the functions other than Notes o Values passed to are not checked for standards compliance. o The message parameter must contain only printable characters; other characters may lead to undefined behavior. For example, a CR or LF will cause the call to fail, single (percentage) characters will cause the text to be ignored. If a is required in a string, use the format. o For more information on reply codes and their meanings, see RFC 821, 2821, 1893, and 2034. o If the reply code, that is, rcode, is given a code but is used for the message, the custom reply is not used. Similarly, if rcode is given a code but is used for the message, the custom reply is not used. In neither of the last two cases, an error is returned to the Milter and silently ignores the reply code. o If the Milter returns and sets the reply code to '421', the SMTP server terminates the SMTP session with a '421' error code. RETURN VALUE
fails and returns for the following reasons: o Invalid rcode or xcode argument value. o Memory-allocation failure. o Carriage return or line feed in a text line. o Length of any text line is more than the value(980). o More than 32 lines of text replies are provided. returns on successful completion. EXAMPLES
Consider the following sample code: The following is the SMTP response of the sample code: AUTHOR
The routine was developed by the Sendmail Inc. SEE ALSO
smfi_getsymval(3N), smfi_getpriv(3N), smfi_setreply(3N), smfi_setpriv(3N). on smfi_setmlreply(3N)