Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find directory listing from root to all files in tree format with details of perm/own/grp? Post 302861667 by 8709711 on Wednesday 9th of October 2013 11:10:59 AM
Old 10-09-2013
Thanks for your replies. Guess, I was not clear, I need to do this on server and not for couple of folders, apologies again.
Appreciate your help.

Kind Regards
Praveen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new directory - how to force files created in it to inherit grp,own and permissions

Hi, I'm new to unix -solaris. I've just upgraded a third party software product and am testing it to see if new files created in a test database directory were being created properly and they aren't. They're owned by the user that created the file, instead of poppa and the group of their files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avisb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find all the log files under the root directory -- Need Info

Hi I need to find all the log files under the root directory and delete them if necessary, if any one has a sample script who can share with me. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkrishnag
2 Replies

4. AIX

Help Using Grep command to Find the string in the files in the root directory

I want to serch for a string in all the files in the root directory. i want the search to be limited to only the files in the directory i.e the search to be done only in the files not in the sub directory. the approaches tried are 1)grep "pattern string" this command was serching the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbu_Angeline
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Oldest file in a directory tree

This might just be one command. Any1 having the solution? Thanks, Rahul. (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory details with FIND

Hello, an easy question, I hope. What would be the way to produce a result from the following find statement that would also include for each line in the output the details usually associated with the ls -ltr command? Here is the find I am using: find . -name "*.prg" -exec grep "test line" {}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files in directory tree by date

I'm using a directory naming convention to organize files as exemplified here: 2012/Aug/week-20-Aug/23-Thu/tuv.txt 2012/Aug/week-27-Aug/30-Thu/abc.txt 2012/Sep/week-27-Aug/01-Sat/def.txt 2012/Sep/week-03-Sep/07-Fri/xyz.txt How do I write a command that will list the file names abc.txt and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to find files, those can be present anywhere in the directory tree,based on its creation date

Hi I am unable to find files, those are present anywhere in the same directory tree, based on the creation date. I need to find the files with their path, as I need to create them in another location and move them. I need some help with a script that may do the job. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam192837465
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing only the files under a directory from the result of find command

Hi, I have a main folder 'home'. Lets say there is a folder 'bin' under 'home'. I want to check the list of files under subdirectories present under the /bin directory created in the last 24 hours. I am using the following find command under home/bin directory: find . -mtime -1 -print ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJose
3 Replies
DH_FIXPERMS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_FIXPERMS(1)

NAME
dh_fixperms - fix permissions of files in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_fixperms [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] DESCRIPTION
dh_fixperms is a debhelper program that is responsible for setting the permissions of files and directories in package build directories to a sane state -- a state that complies with Debian policy. dh_fixperms makes all files in usr/share/doc in the package build directory (excluding files in the examples/ directory) be mode 644. It also changes the permissions of all man pages to mode 644. It removes group and other write permission from all files. It removes execute permissions from any libraries, headers, Perl modules, or desktop files that have it set. It makes all files in the standard bin and sbin directories, usr/games/ and etc/init.d executable (since v4). Finally, it removes the setuid and setgid bits from all files in the package. When the Rules-Requires-Root field has the (effective) value of binary-targets, dh_fixperms will also reset the ownership of all paths to "root:root". OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from having their permissions changed. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_FIXPERMS(1)