Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy non-empty files into subdirectory Post 302861665 by in2nix4life on Wednesday 9th of October 2013 11:10:39 AM
Old 10-09-2013
Code:
find . -name '*.txt.target' ! -empty -type f -exec cp -vv {} otherdir/ \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I copy files and subdirectory?

I am trying to copy some files from one location to another and I need to write a script to move all the files and the subdirectories to the new location (both unix), but excluding the temp directory. i.e., I want to avoid copying my temp subdirectories during the process of copying other files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Question]How to copy files to all subdirectory

I want to copy php.ini to all subdirectory. what command that should i run? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dzufauzan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count files in every subdirectory

Hi if anyone could help me :) I did a lot of search and 70% of answer is "how to count files in all subdirectories". A basic problem for me is how to count files in every subdirectory separately then sort it by number of files For example: dir1 file1 file2 subdir11 dir2 dir3 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yorryk
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deleting some files under subdirectory

Hi guys, sorry if my english not very well.. i have a problem.. i have a file and the structure is : Folder/ Folder/10.123.124.20/pm_data/A200807 Folder/10.123.124.20/pm_data/A200807 Folder/10.123.124.20/pm_data/A200807 Folder/10.123.124.20/pm_data/A200808... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdziE
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How Prevent from deleting subdirectory files

Hi All, I am using the foolowing find /home/vcrd/put -name '*.z' -mtime +5 -exec rm -f {} \; in a shell script, it is deleting all file having *.z in /home/vcrd/put/appl sub directory. I donot want the files in the subdirectory are deleted. Regards Megh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DD copy excluding empty blocks?

I'm not 100% sure if this was the right place to post in but here i go: I'm attempting to migrate a physical windows disk onto my SAN through the use of the dd copy command. I'm booting into knoppix, running dd, and then bringing the server back up into windows running on the SAN. Everything... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Merkilo
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing files in subdirectory

Forgive me if there is an answer to this somewhere in the forums. I've gone through as much as I could but couldn't find a relevant answer. What I'm trying to do is use the ll command to list some files in a subdirectory that matches a certain format. I've tried ll *.*a* <subdirectory> but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: archaic
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Find files in subdirectory?

I am trying to find all DAT files in a subdirectory named IN. I do not know the entire path. For example: /stage/<?>/<?>/IN/file.DAT I am using the find command without success: find /stage -name IN -a -name '*.DAT' -print What is the correct logic and syntax? Thank you for the help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TwinGT
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying Multiple Files into a Subdirectory

Hello, I'm very new to scripting languages and I'm to use shell script to write a utility to backup files with a specific extension into a subdirectory. Here is what I have done. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter file(s) extension: " FILE if ; then mkdir `whoami`.$FILE #To... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alphanoob
9 Replies

10. Web Development

Php help to copy form field if empty

I have an input form with several fields. What I would like to achieve is to auto populate or copy certain fields if they are empty when the form is submitted. I would like to use php if not then javascript but not jquery if possible - I have sort of had a go but I really have no idea... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
4 Replies
ucodeadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      ucodeadm(1M)

NAME
ucodeadm - update processor microcode SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ucodeadm -v /usr/sbin/ucodeadm -umicrocode-text-file /usr/sbin/ucodeadm -i [-R path] microcode-text-file DESCRIPTION
The ucodeadm utility can be used to report running microcode revision on the processors, update microcode, or install microcode on the tar- get system to be used during the boot process. The microcode-text-file can be obtained from processor vendors. OPTIONS
-v Report microcode revision. -u microcode-text-file Update microcode on all cross-call interrupt ready processors. -i microcode-text-file Install microcode files on target system to be used during the next boot cycle. The text file name must have the vendor name prefix, such as "intel" or "amd". By default the microcode files will be installed at: /platform/i86pc/ucode/$VENDORSTR/ where VENDORSTR is either "GenuineIntel" or "AuthenticAMD". -R alternate path Install microcode path in the alternate path. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Reporting the Microcode Revision The following example displays the microcode revision that is currently running: # ucodeadm -v Example 2 Updating the Processor Microcode The following example updates the processor microcode to intel-ucode.txt: # ucodeadm -u intel-ucode.txt Example 3 Installing the Microcode on the Target System The following example installs the microcode on the target system, /export/ucode-path: # ucodeadm -i -R /export/ucode-path intel-ucode.txt If an alternate path is used when installing the microcode on the target system, the installed microcode file is not used on the next boot cycle. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
psradm(1M), psrinfo(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2007 ucodeadm(1M)