Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Associative Array with more than one item per entry Post 302861011 by sea on Monday 7th of October 2013 11:17:15 PM
Old 10-08-2013
Code:
while read line;do
    Cnum=$( echo $line | cut --delimiter="," -f1 )
    cname=$( echo $line | cut --delimiter="," -f2 )
    csname=$( echo $line | cut --delimiter="," -f3 )
    echo -e "Cnum: $Cnum\ncname: $cname\ncsname: $csname"
done<file.txt

Hope this helps

or
Code:
for AR in "${ARRAY[@]}";do
done

Last edited by sea; 10-08-2013 at 12:22 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative Array

Hi, I am trying to make an associative array to use in a popup_menu on a website. Here is what i have: foreach $entr ( @entries ) { $temp_uid = $entr->get_value(uid); $temp_naam = $entr->get_value(sn); $s++; } This is the popup_menu i want to use it in. popup_menu(-name=>'modcon',... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sorting an associative array

Hi, When using sort on an associative array: foreach $key (sort(keys(%opalfabet))){ $value = $opalfabet{$key}; $result .= $value; } How does it handle double values? It seems to me that it removes them, is that true? If so, is there a way to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find an available item in array

Dear all, I'm have a sorted array like this: 177 220 1001 2000 2001 2003 2005 notice that 2002 and 2004 are NOT in array. Then user input a number INPUT, our script should return OUTPUT value like this: if INPUT is not in array => OUTPUT=INPUT if INPUT is in array => OUTPUT is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fongthai
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create dynamically associative array in PHP?

Hi, I have an html page like this: <html> <body> <form action="test.php" method = "post"> Enter your name:<input name="search" type = "text" size ="40"> <br> Enter your age:<input name="age" type = "text" size ="20"> <input type = "submit" name="submit" value="search"> <input type =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on Associative array in awk

Hi All, I got stuck up with shell script where i use awk. The scenario which i am working on is as below. I have a file text.txt with contents COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 1 A 500 400 1 B 500 400 1 A 500 200 2 A 290 300 2 B 290 280 3 C 100 100 I could able to sum col 3 and col4 based on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imsularif
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Associative array to sum & Average

Hi All, I got stuck up with shell script where i use awk. The scenario which i am working on is as below. I have a file text.txt with contents COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 1 A 500 200 1 B 500 300 2 A 290 150 2 B 290 140 3 C 100 100 I could able to sum col 3 and col4 based on col1 using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imsularif
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative array

I have an associative array named table declare -A table table="fruit" table="veggie" table="GT" table="eminem" Now say I have a variable returning the value highway How do I find corresponding value GT ?? (this value that I find (GT in this case) is supposed to be the name of a mysql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Morse Code with Associative Array

Continuing my quest to learn BASH, Bourne, Awk, Grep, etc. on my own through the use of a few books. I've come to an exercise that has me absolutely stumped. The specifics: 1. Using ONLY BASH scripting commands (not sed, awk, etc.), write a script to convert a string on the command line to... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
22 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using associative array for comparison

Hello together, i make something wrong... I want an array that contains information to associate it for further processing. Here is something from my bash... You will know, what I'm trying to do. I have to point out in advance, that the variable $SYSOS is changing and not as static as in my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Decstasy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative array index question

I am trying to assign indexes to an associative array in a for loop but I have to use an eval command to make it work, this doesn't seem correct I don't have to do this with regular arrays For example, the following assignment fails without the eval command: #! /bin/bash read -d "\0" -a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
19 Replies
XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected(library call)							     XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected(library call)

NAME
XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected -- A List function that replaces items in a list without selecting the replacement items SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/List.h> void XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected( Widget widget, XmString *new_items, int item_count, int position); DESCRIPTION
XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected replaces the specified number of items in the list with new items, starting at the given position. The replacement items remain unselected, even if they currently appear in the XmNselectedItems list. widget Specifies the ID of the List widget to replace items in. new_items Specifies a pointer to the replacement items. item_count Specifies the number of elements in new_items and the number of items in the list to replace. This number must be nonnegative. position Specifies the position of the first item in the list to be replaced. A value of 1 indicates that the first item replaced is the first item in the list; a value of 2 indicates that it is the second item; and so on. Beginning with the item specified in position, item_count items in the list are replaced with the corresponding elements from new_items. That is, the item at position is replaced with the first element of new_items; the item after position is replaced with the second element of new_items; and so on, until item_count is reached. For a complete definition of List and its associated resources, see XmList(3). RELATED
XmList(3). XmListReplaceItemsPosUnselected(library call)