Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Send a file from AIX to PCOMM server Post 302860675 by targetshell on Monday 7th of October 2013 03:51:27 AM
Old 10-07-2013
Hi there,

My system has CICS program on AIX OS for sending files to another mainframe server, which also has CICS.

So it is a CICS to CICS communication.

The issue is that now CICS program on AIX OS has to communicate with the PCOMM server, thereby sending the same file which previously it used to send on another mainframe server.

So, I need to set up a communication protocol as to how I can send my file using current CICS program/or some other NEW program from AIX to PCOMM server.

Rgds,
TS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email to another server on AIX

I am trying to send an email to another server but i don't seem to be able to do it. I can receive mail form other servers but not send out. I am using IBM AIX 4.x Any knows whcih configuration file i need to set ? or any network port to look out for ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

send file of size 0 with FTP on AIX

I'm using IBM AIX 5.2 to send file with ftp to other unix machine. The command is into a shell: ... ftp -n > outFtp 2> errFtp <<PARAM open $2 user $3 $4 put $1 $remote bye PARAM ... then i look at the size of errFtp and outFtp to see if there are some error message.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gggarb
4 Replies

3. AIX

how to configure server to send email in AIX

Hi, anyone can guide me how to configure server to send email in AIX. My server is in a closed network, what do I need to configure and how? SMTP gateway? mail server? Thanks and best regards Solomon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
4 Replies

4. AIX

how to send a file from aix to a email address?

how to send a file from aix to a email address? such as xxx@yahoo.com? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

5. AIX

send mail configuration in AIX server

Hi All, How to configure sendmail service in AIX server ? Please tell me what all changes has to be made in sendmail.conf file. Please help in this issue to configure it. Thanks jack (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jack00423
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

7. AIX

How to send large file through E-mail IN Unix AIX

hI ALL, I am newbie to Unix.There are 2 GB files in UNIX that should be sent to one of my friend who is working on Windows Environment.Is there any way to send these file to him? By Compressing like that? Can anyone help on this? With thanks, Aravindh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aravindhbabu
4 Replies

8. AIX

Send message from AIX UNIX server

Hi, I want to send SMS from my AIX unix server. Could you please help me? US Service provider: AT & T I tried the below command but message not received. echo "test msg" | /usr/bin/sendmail -v <mobilenumber>@mobile.att.net (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
4 Replies

9. AIX

Cannot send syslog event from AIX 6.1 to RHEL Syslog server

Hi everyone, I am trying to configure AIX 6.1 using syslogd to send syslog event to syslog server configured on RHEL. However, RHEL never receives the events. I have tried to redirect the syslog event on AIX to a local file and successful. Only forwarding to remote server fails. Firewall... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
10 Replies

10. AIX

Configure AIX server to send logs and auditing to Qradar

Hi All I need your help to configure Aix to send logs to Qradar, I did all the methods that mentioned in IBM website and no use, Plz Help,, The Logs should I receive from Aix and display in Qradar is (create user delete user changing in privileges....etc ) my skype account khaled_ly84 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
4 Replies
captoinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual						      captoinfo(1)

NAME
captoinfo - convert a termcap description into a terminfo description SYNOPSIS
captoinfo [-vn width] [-V] [-1] [-w width] file . . . DESCRIPTION
captoinfo looks in file for termcap descriptions. For each one found, an equivalent terminfo description is written to standard output. Termcap tc capabilities are translated directly to terminfo use capabilities. If no file is given, then the environment variable TERMCAP is used for the filename or entry. If TERMCAP is a full pathname to a file, only the terminal whose name is specified in the environment variable TERM is extracted from that file. If the environment variable TERM- CAP is not set, then the file /usr/share/terminfo is read. -v print out tracing information on standard error as the program runs. -V print out the version of the program in use on standard error and exit. -1 cause the fields to print out one to a line. Otherwise, the fields will be printed several to a line to a maximum width of 60 charac- ters. -w change the output to width characters. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo Compiled terminal description database. TRANSLATIONS FROM NONSTANDARD CAPABILITIES
Some obsolete nonstandard capabilities will automatically be translated into standard (SVr4/XSI Curses) terminfo capabilities by captoinfo. Whenever one of these automatic translations is done, the program will issue an notification to stderr, inviting the user to check that it has not mistakenly translated a completely unknown and random capability and/or syntax error. XENIX termcap also used to have a set of extension capabilities for forms drawing, designed to take advantage of the IBM PC high-half graphics. They were as follows: If the single-line capabilities occur in an entry, they will automatically be composed into an acsc string. The double-line capabilities and GG are discarded with a warning message. IBM's AIX has a terminfo facility descended from SVr1 terminfo but incompatible with the SVr4 format. The following AIX extensions are automatically translated: Additionally, the AIX box1 capability will be automatically translated to an acsc string. Hewlett-Packard's terminfo library supports two nonstandard terminfo capabilities meml (memory lock) and memu (memory unlock). These will be discarded with a warning message. NOTES
This utility is actually a link to tic(1), running in -I mode. You can use other tic options such as -f and -x. The trace option is not identical to SVr4's. Under SVr4, instead of following the -v with a trace level n, you repeat it n times. SEE ALSO
infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5) This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com> captoinfo(1)