Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to mount a shared LUN between two hosts? Post 302860479 by aliyesami on Sunday 6th of October 2013 12:22:23 PM
Old 10-06-2013
How to mount a shared LUN between two hosts?

i had bunch of luns from storedge 3310 mounted on a T2000 and being used. Then i added a second T2000 to the storage array but
now i cant mount them on either nodes , i do see them in format though.

these luns have data on them and they were mounted on one so how do i mount them read/write on both nodes without loosing data ?

thanks

---------- Post updated at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:58 AM ----------

working now .. it had changed the controller id for the luns , after correcting the controller id i ccan mount thee luns on both nodes

Last edited by aliyesami; 10-06-2013 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: corrected for error

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ssh with shared mount point

I have 3 nodes and I want to set up ssh between them. Normnally I am fine with that but I am a bit stumped because for the Oracle user we have a shared mountpoint (/home/oracle) across all 3 nodes I create my rsa and dsa files in ~/.shh as node1_id_rsa / node1_id_dsa (for each of the 3 modes)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: devjxh
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris 10 autofs - how to mount /net (hosts)

Hello Everyone, I am working with Solaris 10 autofs feature. On the server (and client) in /etc/auto_master I have this entry: /net -hosts -nosuid,nobrowse On the server, I have shared out /var/tmp, started the nfs server and issued the shareall command. When I issue share I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anies rahman
1 Replies

3. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

4. AIX

Mount a SAN LUN which contains clone copy - AIX 6.1

Hello Everyone, Can someone help me to mount a SAN hdisk which contains a clone data copy(san) of the remote server to the another machine. Both servers are running in AIX. Thanks in advance ! Regards, Gowtham.G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

import lun data to mount point - Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I have EMC Storage and from this storage I have maped lun5 to Sun Solaris server and I have created on this lun mount point with name /application I have anothere Sun Solaris server and I'll colne lun5 to lun10 from storage level so the data of lun5 will be in lun10 how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need to mount LUN on two linux boxs (one rw the other ro) caveat details inside

Calling all Linux GURU's. The purpose of this thread is to try an recreate what we already have stood up in my environment, however the steps i am having to produce my own. I have got multiple applications that dump the data to various LUNs, the LUNs are managed by an Enterprise SAN... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcejka
11 Replies

7. HP-UX

Shared a Disk between two hosts

Hello people. I need to shared a disk between two virtuals hosts in the same Guest, and I don't see any help about this. I'm working on HP-UX 11.31 Thanks to all.:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cegamboav
2 Replies

8. Linux

Mount a newly added LUN on a GNU/Linux distro

Hi I am not familiar with the linux, but I was asked to create a file system on a LUN from the NetApp that was mapped to the linux server. The server is runing: uname -a Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-92.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 29 13:16:15 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux and now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

Unable to mount shared folder from Linux server

Hi all, I have 3 servers, rx2600, rx2600, and rx2660. I have another x86 server running on Suse, and create a shared folder named /public From 1 of the rx2600 server I can mount that shared folder : intaqa:/>mount 10.1.2.82:/public /bkup intaqa:/>cd /bkup But from 2 others server I... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: rexmale
29 Replies

10. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
LSSUBSYS(1)							 libcgroup Manual						       LSSUBSYS(1)

NAME
lssubsys - list hierarchies containing given subsystem SYNOPSIS
lssubsys [-m|--mount-points] [-M|--all-mount-points] [controller] [...] lssubsys [-m|--mount-points] [-M|--all-mount-points] [-i|--hierarchies] [-a|--all] lssubsys [-h|--help] DESCRIPTION
lssubsys list the hierarchies containing the given subsystem(s). If no subsystem is defined, it displays all mounted hierarchies. controller defines the subsystem whose hierarchy is shown. If this parameter is not used, the command will list all mounted subsystems. -m, --mount-points Display mount points. Only the first mount points of shown hierarchies are displayed. -M, --all-mount-points Display mount points. All mount points of shown hierarchies are displayed, each on separate line. -a, --all Display all subsystems (including unmounted ones). -i, --hierarchies Display the attached hierarchy number if the subsystem is in a hierarchy. If the option -m is also used, the hierarchy number is shown only for unmounted hierarchies. -h, --help Display help and exit. EXAMPLE
The command lssubsys -am lists all subsystems which are present in the system, mounted ones will be shown with their mount point: $ lssubsys -am ns cpuset cpu,devices cpuacct /cgroup/cpuacct memory /cgroup/memory freezer /cgroup/freezer net_cls /cgroup/net_cls The command lssubsys -ami lists all subsystems which are present in the system, mounted subsystems are listed with their mount points, unmounted ones which are in a hierarchy are listed with their hierarchy number: $ lssubsys -ami ns cpuset 5 cpu,devices 6 cpuacct /cgroup/cpuacct memory /cgroup/memory freezer /cgroup/freezer net_cls /cgroup/net_cls SEE ALSO
lscgroup (1), cgcreate (1), cgdelete (1), cgconfig.conf (5) Linux 2009-11-05 LSSUBSYS(1)