Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Date manipulation using awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date manipulation using awk Post 302860219 by victory101 on Saturday 5th of October 2013 03:54:16 AM
Old 10-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
I mixed up the array and the split string in split(), try this:

Code:
gawk -F, -v OFS=, '{ split($4, A, "-"); T=mktime(sprintf("%04d %02d %02d 00 00 00", A[1], A[2], A[3]));
        $4=int((systime()-T)/(60*60*24));
 } 1' inputfile

Thanks for the change, it worked as expected Smilie. This gave me an opportunity to get an insight on awk programming.
This User Gave Thanks to victory101 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Time/date manipulation

hey folks, been awhile (actaully a long while) since i last touched C. And the 3 books i've read don't really have much about using time.h Question: How would i be able to assign a variable the value of the current date minus 2 mths, keeping in mind the yr. IE. would like to see Nov.31/2001... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: choice
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

date manipulation

I'm writing a ksh script in which I want to present the user with a choice of choosing any of the last 15 days. i.e., a list like the following: 20040510 (today) 20040509 (yesterday) 20040508 . . . 20040426 Is there an easy way to produce the date from x number of days ago other than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Manipulation

I need to achieve the following.....I seached the forum but could not find it... This is I have in a file... "CH","TIA","10/27/2006",000590 I need the date in the third field to be attached to fileas 20061027_test.txt How do I do it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

date manipulation

HI, I'm comparing my file date with the system date and if both the dates are equal I'm doing some operation. I use two variables for these two dates. I use the following command in my query. if .... But here the current date $cd shows 01 and filedate $fdate shows 1. The file is created on 1 of ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstanand
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date manipulation

Hi Gurus, How to minus 15 minuets from current system time. For example if current time is " Wed Oct 14 12:12:38 BST 2009", i need "Wed Oct 14 11:57:38 BST 2009" Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date manipulation

How can i print a future time, so i get current time by date "+%H:M" but how can i say add 20 minutes to the current time and display as I have just done for current time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Manipulation

I have a file with a field containing the following: "7/3/2009 7:07:12 PM","xxxx" I need to be able to split this field up into two into a different format with the time being converted into 24 hour: so that i can get the following: "20090307","19:07:12","xxxx" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

date field manipulation

I have a data file. Seperated by "|". The 19 th filed is a date field that occurs like this 11/02/2001 i need to convert into the below format 2001-11-02 for e.g.. i/p o/p should be can somebody throw some light (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date manipulation

In my shell script I take date as a input parameter from command line in the format "21 Oct 2011" which would be date +'%d %b %Y' Now i need to do two things here. 1) Validate the date entered by user 2) Calculate yesterday's date from the input. So in this case it should be: "20 Oct 2011"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidtd
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date-Manipulation-1

Hallo Team I can perform the task manually but i would like to automate this process. ok here goes. I have a perl script which runs every Wednesday every week and the name of the script is check_19.pl This is how the script looks like : #!/usr/bin/perl -w #use strict; use DBI; #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kekanap
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)