Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details? Post 302859475 by PreetArul on Thursday 3rd of October 2013 08:46:13 AM
Old 10-03-2013
Thanks

Thank you so much

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find entries, NOT starting with specific pattern

Hey,I have a file in following format >1 ABC........ >2 XYZ..... >3 ABC........ >4 MNO....... >5 ABC....... now I would like to find only those entries that doesn't start with ABC (specific pattern)e.g preferred output: >2 XYZ.... >4 MNO....... it will be nice if anybody how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitachaurasia
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the file names having specified pattern at specified position in the current directory

I would need a command for finding first 15000 of the file names whose 25th postion is 5 in the current directory alone. I do have this painful command find . -name '5*' | head -15000 | cut -c3- please refine this. Of course the above command also searches in the sub directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vk39221
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep & find command to find references to a particular file

Hi all , I'm new to unix I have a checked project , there exists a file called xxx.config . now my task is to find all the files in the checked out project which references to this xxx.config file. how do i use grep or find command . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find string & email

Hi I have a query that some of you may be able to help me with if poss? I'd appreciate it very much. I've got a few log files, that I would like to search for a string. When the string is found, i'd then like to email out the line/sting. If not found, i'd like to email out 'no found'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding 4 current files having specific File Name pattern

Hi All, I am trying to find 4 latest files inside one folder having following File Name pattern and store them into 4 different variables and then use for processing in my shell script. File name is fixed length. 1) Each file starts with = ABCJmdmfbsjop letters + 7 Digit Number... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find specific files only in current directory...not sub directories AIX

Hi, I have to find specific files only in the current directory...not in the sub directories. But when I use Find command ... it searches all the files in the current directory as well as in the subdirectories. I am using AIX-UNIX machine.Please help.. I am using the below command. And i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakishore
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting file Details with find -mmin

I'm new to this and I have done a lot of research and am 99% done with my ksh script BUT I need help with. The script looks at Journal files and reports back on any that have not been updated for 15 min. Everything works but I wanted more detail (added -ls) and now I'm getting dups. Original code:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackopz
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file based on pattern & return the filename if found?

Hi all, I am a newbie here. I have this requirement to find a file based on a pattern then return the filename if found. I created a script based on online tutorials. Though, I am stuck & really appreciate if anyone can have a quick look & point me to the right direction? #Script starts... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: buster_t
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a specific sequence pattern in a fasta file?

I have to mine the following sequence pattern from a large fasta file namely gene.fasta (contains multiple fasta sequences) along with the flanking sequences of 5 bases at starting position and ending position, AAGCZ-N16-AAGCZ Z represents A, C or G (Except T) N16 represents any of the four... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
3 Replies
platform::shell(3tcl)					       Tcl Bundled Packages					     platform::shell(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(3tcl)