Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed - extracting the first word only if match Post 302858943 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 1st of October 2013 10:09:22 PM
Old 10-01-2013
Include the WORD1 in the search
Code:
sed -n 's/WORD1[ ]\+code1=\([^ ]\+\).*/\1/p'

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting from second word

Hi all, I need to extract the Particular string from the whole word,the input file is : 123,345,aaaa,555,....,.... I need all the record from 345 so i need to eliminate the first record. Output: 345,aaa,5555,....,.....,..... Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ithirak17
3 Replies

2. Programming

sed no match word end with hyphen

Hi, This is my first post.It has two parts first part: I want to match a line that starts with whitespace tab or similar followed by must start with specific word and not match same word start with hyphen like this: grep height file1: height: 150px; line-height: 1.5em; height:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: medium_linux
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting sentences that only contain a word

Hi guys Need your help how do I extract sentences with only a word i.e. today is hot hot very humid humid2 Sample output hot very (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamestan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting sentences that only contain a word

Hi guys Need your help how do I extract sentences with only a word i.e. today is hot hot very humid humid2 Sample output hot (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamestan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a word from a variable

Hi Guys, Need you quick assistance on the below, trying to extract a word from a variable i.e. acmi101acmi102acmi103acmi104 When i use the following code awk '{gsub(/cmi102/,"")};1' it leaves a space in the variable, need to get rid of the space that it leaves. Any ideas. the above... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems extracting word using SED

I have a file containing strings such as: UPDATE PS_CA_BI_FF2_TA3 SET DELETE_ME = 'Y' WHERE PROCESS_INSTANCE BI.LAST_UPDATE_DTTM FROM PS_CA_BP_LINES LINE, PS_INTFC_BI BI WHERE EXISTS ( SELECT 'X' FROM PS_CA_BILL_PLAN BP WHERE BP.CONTRACT_NUM %Select(COUNTER4) SELECT COUNT(*) FROM PS_INTFC_BI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpletech369
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting part of a word

I have the code message={TP=2012:09:23:00:00:00:GMT,SD=2012:09:23:00:00:00:GMT,SP=2,FT=CCGT,FG=3605} I want to extract the FG=3605 parts of this. Please help. I am trying to do this using awk or unix. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JenniferTopham
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing first word while extracting

Hello All, I am extracting a part of file. the file looks as follows USING CHARACTER SET UTF8 DEFINE JOB ( DEFINE SCHEMA Flat_File_Schema ( cntnt_id VARCHAR(10) ); DEFINE OPERATOR o_mload TYPE update SCHEMA * ATTRIBUTES ( VARCHAR TdpId = @TdpId (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the first word if the word three match

Dear ALL, I have sample file : IDcentos-forum,bash,linuxCentOS,GNome IEfedora-milis,cli,linuxRedhat,KDE IRfreebsd-milis,aix,unixbsd,pyton required output: centos,bash,linuxCentOS,GNome fedora,cli,linuxRedhat,KDE freebsd,aix,unixbsd,pyton Can you help me pls.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnulyn
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed script to delete the last word after a last pattern match

Hi Guys , I am having a file as stated below File 1 sa0 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U261/A sa0 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U265/Z sa1 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U265/A sa1 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U268/Z sa1 -- ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)